“Valentine's Day every year”

Johnny's Bar & Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Stevens
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2016

We go here every Valentine's Day because the food and drink can't be beat. Great martinis! I love that you can get the soup for one of the vegetables and the crab soup is delicious.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

The service was exceptional. The prices were out of line for quality of food they were serving. The meal started with an unsweet ice tea that was brewed in a container that desperately needed cleaning. Then we had salad. The dressing (ranch) was very good but it was served on bagged salad. Some bagged salad taste like the chemicals they were washed in. Unfortunately, this was one of them. They served the salad with rolls that were warm. Despite their appearance, they were excellent! Then I had a ‘filet cut’ sirloin (~6 oz.) with onion rings (greasy), shrimp (unclean & gritty) and sauce (over salted) on top. The baked potato could have been cooked longer but the butter, which was whipped, was really butter. There are many very good steak houses in the area with quality food at a reasonable price to waste time going to Johnny's again.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Try to make this a special stop when every we are in Pa. The prime rib was perfect and the drinks were wonderful. We have eaten here on the weekend end and be prepared to wait. As you would expect if the food and service is superb the wait can be long. On the weekend there are no reservations but coming on a weekday you can make one. Thanks to our server Ashley for a great experience and the cooks for a great meal.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

First--This restaurant is at the same address as Kyma, so you will need to go around to the back for the entrance. Second--the drinks have great flavor. They also provide the shaker, so although I ordered 2 specialty martinis, I actually had enough for 4. Fortunately I was not driving and did not have a hangover the next morning. Third--the steaks were tender and tasty. Fourth--the crab dip had a lot of crab in it, and a lot of artichokes. I would have been happier with a little less artichoke, or maybe they could have been cut a little finer. We will return.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

This was our third visit to Johnny's. My wife and I both had the same meal. Ribeye steak with garlic mashed potatoes and a Ceasar salad. Also got rolls and butter and iced tea. Everything was delicious. Ribeye was cooked perfectly and had a wonderful flavor. One of the best steaks ever. Potatoes are delicious. Asked for a second basket of dinner rolls which we received. Our server was very attentive and took care of always refilling my iced tea. My only issue is their prices. The meal is great but simply too expensive. Without a discount certificate/coupon we wouldn't go here. Our meals were $32 each, not including our beverage.

One thing that I laugh at is the fact that they feel the need to list "market price" on the menu for various steaks. I'm not aware of the beef market fluctuating on a daily basis that Johnny's thinks they can't commit to a specific price and just print it on their menus. If 95% of other restaurants can manage to list their prices directly on the menu, I think Johnny's could do the same. In fact, when I had to ask the server the price of the ribeye dinner, she boasted that it was STILL $32 and hadn't changed for a while. Then why not put the stinkin' prices on the menu? They lose a star for being overpriced and using "market price" on the menu.