All reviewscocktail hourthe cottageswedding venuemain buildingprime ribseafood buffetoutdoor weddingindoor poolmultiple weddingsrestaurant staffliving areacountry hamcontinental breakfastfriday nightbeautiful propertypocono mountainsno elevator
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Stayed in the Inn building. A throwback in a good way. Smaller room, one twin bed, thin walled but clean, comfortable and felaxed atmosphere. We did not do the Sunday brunch but enjoyed the light continental breakfast.

Only one minor complaint was that the shower hot water peaked out at fairly warm.

Room Tip: Evaluate various option. Many to choose from.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2016

The location was lovely. The rooms at the inn were a little dated, but very clean. The servers & all of the staff were excellent. The buffet seafood dinner was delicious and plentiful.The morning buffet breakfast was good. Too much food for an overnight stay. It was a cozy stay, but not sure I would opt to stay in the Inn again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

The Stroudsmoor Inn is beautifully decorated and the entire staff was very courteous. Jennifer our hostess for breakfast was so efficient and courteous and breakfast was cooked to order and very, very tasty!! My husband and I enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back by summmer!!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2016

We love going to Stroudsmoor. Especially after the tree lighting each December. The place is so cozy, the staff is wonderful and the food is really excellent! This time we went with several friends and really enjoyed ourselves. We look forward to next time.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2016

My wife and I stayed in one of the Ledgmere suites. There was an initial reservation issue, we were to stay in a suite with loft sleeping area with fireplace and whirlpool bathroom. We were told our room was pretty much a large standard room. This issue was quickly resolved, and we were provided a Ledgmere suite, still not quite what we thought we booked but we were ok. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The gas fireplace had issues, upon arrival we had to have maintenance come light the pilot. Tried using it on second day and pilot was out again. I advised front desk when checking out, I pretty much assumed that on New Years eve, service was not going happen. Bed was very comfortable, Breakfast buffet was included with room and food was very good. New Years day they offered a continental breakfast vs. full breakfast as a special New Years Day brunch was offered for $$. New Years Eve dinner was outstanding. The grounds were outstanding, views of the valley were great. All of the staff were very friendly. Pool and gym area were very nice, clean. Gym had lifefitness equipment, and enough equipment to have a proper work out while on a vacation. Despite the couple of issues. I would go back and plan to do so. Sit by the fireplace and have a drink at the bar, relaxing is what I wanted and got it. This would be a great place to see fall foliage.

Room Tip: Ledgemere suites have private balcony's backing up to forest,
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple