StephaNikos Mediterranean Cuisine and Old World Pizza
Ranked #19 of 125 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The good news is that everything we ate was delicious: moussaka, stuffed eggplant, chicken lemon soup, baklava cheese cake. Bad news is that they have a very long menu, and a number of items are/ were not available. I was getting really excited about the meat and rice dolmades and the taramasalata when reading the menu. Unfortunately, both were not available. A real pity. If they are as good as the food we ordered, they must be delicious. Service was very nice, atmosphere is ok.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

My husband and I have been to Greece several times, and the food at Stephanikos brings us back there every time. We are regular customers, and the food is always fantastic. Today we both had the beef souvlaki plates, with a side of potatoes, and an appetizer of a spicy feta dip that was AMAZING!! The service was also fantastic, as is par for the course here. If you're looking for a wonderful meal at an extremely reasonable price, try Stephanikos, you won't be sorry. Try the daily specials, he always makes wonderful things, like the spicy feta special today. It was SCRUMPTIOUS!

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Wow! I had the gyros and they were the best I've ever had. I also had meatballs
(Please know I've eaten a couple hundred gyros in my lifetime & should know)
The gyros arent greasy ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!
The meat is delicately spiced. Normally there's a spice that's quite strong in a gyro, and they clearly use way less.
The cucumber sauce they had to have used burp less, because that wasn't an all day thang.which was awesome!

The meatballs in penne pasta were very good. It's meatballs, and there's not much to say about meatballs, if you ask me.

Great food!

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Amazing! A real family run small restaurant. Every single thing we ordered was perfectly on point. I love Greek food, and being in the Poconos 20 years, have not had any of note.. until today. Their Italian food is amazing as well. My girlfriend, who is the pickiest eater, and has never liked any sauce from a restaurant in all the time I've known her, made me ask for a pint to bring home. The Calamari was perfect, the warm meat and rice Dolmatis in Avgolemono were seriously amazing, and the meatball appetizer made my girl a fan for life. I ordered both the Souvlaki sandwich and the Pastitso. Best Souvlaki I've ever had, and I've had some of the best NY has to offer. The Pastitso was as good as my off the boat grandmother -in-law used to make, and that's the best I had ever tasted. Girlfriend gushed over the Carbonara, and was also amazed by the Souvlaki. If you like Baklava, you know most you'll find around here is dry and stale.. this was soft and wet, as it should be, and tasted unbelievable.

Do yourself a favor and try this place, you will make it a regular stop.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I am part Italian and was raised on homemade food. I have not tasted a good sauce in a restaurant since I lived in Brooklyn. Their sauce is awesome! Everything we had was perfect right down to the Baklava and the staff was extremely friendly. I highly recommend this place.