Chateau Resort & Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Travelodge Mt. Pocono(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
Chestnut Grove Resort(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I stayed here in the late 1980s with my now wife and remember it being rather charming. However it looked, and even more importantly, smelled like nothing had changed in that time. The hotel had a generally musty smell which in one of the stairwells was downright pungent. The decor was also outdated, the bed in my room was saggy (though other people staying said their beds were fine), and the staff was thin--one friend got in at 11 pm and had to wait over 1/2 hour to have someone return to the desk. To her credit she was dealing with another problem in the hotel, but only one person on staff? Close to $200 a night?

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Adam1621
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Hotel nice and warm and feels like the good old days if you like that kinda stuff... We do... Staff very nice especially Bar girl Brigett, very pretty and sweet, made our dinner experience wonderful. We would love to come back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Chateau Resort is definitely in need of an upgrade. The outside doesn't look good or welcoming. It wasn't bad, but everything was old. When we first arrived I did clean the bathroom just in case. Didn't see to many staff members around. We did spend a day at Camel Beach and that was awesome.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Jeffrey S, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Dear Ernest B.,

Thank you for taking the time to encourage other guest to enjoy our property. We are in the process of improving our facility and personnel to better the guest experience. Thank you again and we hope when your travels direct you to the Poconos, you will select the Chateau as your destination.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,

Jeffrey S.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel is very outdated. We walked into complaints from other guests who was experiencing issues with their rooms. The elevator sound like you were being locked into a jail cell. There was a platter of leftover food from room service outside of a room door that was literally there until the next morning still in the hallway. The dining room area was so outdated it reminded me of my grandmother's house and it was extremely cold. I expected more from the Poconos as this is a major tourist attraction. I should've stayed at the Days Inn around the corner.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Chateau Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts, while allowing us to understand how your stay with us was... It sound like we missed the mark in so many areas. We are in the process of improving our facility and personnel and sincerely apologize for experience noted.
The elevators have been inspected and repaired, as well the information provided regarding leftover room service trays and food in the hallway has been reviewed with our food and beverage department.
We surely want everyone who visits the Chateau to have a great experience. If ever you have issues that interfere with your stay, please seek out a manager to see if they can resolve the issue('s). We are in the hospitality business and we hope our message, care and eye to details resonate to all of our associates for all guest's to enjoy.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,

Jeffrey S.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while traveling from Pittsburgh to Boston. We were working in Pittsburgh and knew we'd have a busy schedule in Boston, and wanted a relaxing getaway between the two cities. I wish I would have known everything about the area and the hotel before we made the decision to stay here.
Pros:
1. Great wifi. It was free and worked beautifully.
2. Awesome air conditioning in rooms.
3. The outdoor pool was actually pretty nice (despite being too cold to swim in).
4. The brewery down the road had pretty good food and surprisingly yummy beer (the lemon saison was my favorite).
5. The front staff was very nice and friendly.

Cons:
1. It is very outdated.
2. The view is not as pretty as advertised. The "lake" is actually a man made pond that looked more like sewage. The mountain was so carved out for the ski resort above, that it didn't look natural.
3. The walls were paper thin. I heard the people next to us using very harsh profanity. It made me uncomfortable and if I was staying with children, I would have left in the middle of the night.
4. The breakfast we ordered for room service tasted microwaved.
5. The people in the room next to us smoked a lot of marijuana. I knew, because we smelled it. The odor was incredibly potent. While I know this isn't the hotel's fault, this was further reason for me to feel extremely unsafe and like we were staying at some drug motel. I made sure to dead bolt the lock both nights.
6. The bed was terribly uncomfortable. I actually woke up in the middle of the night with shooting back pain that I have never in my life experienced. My husband realized that it only happened if you slept in the middle of the bed. So we made sure to sleep on the very ends of the bed so we could actually sleep through the night.
7. The voucher you receive says you can use it for any hotel service. However, you can't use it at the little snack shop.
8. The towels and sheets didn't seem very clean. I'm sure they were, they just had stains.

This hotel served it's purpose for a place to stay while driving. However, it was not very relaxing, and the worst part was that I just didn't feel safe. It is not the romantic getaway my husband and I were hoping for. It has potential though. If they updated the beds and did some painting and upkeep, it could be pretty nice. This could also help keep people out who are just looking for a place to do drugs.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple