“A charming place to relax”
Review of A Taste of Britain

A Taste of Britain
Ranked #7 of 118 Restaurants in Wayne
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Taste of Britain is a cozy cafe and tea room. We serve award-winning scones, full afternoon tea, and over 40 types of loose leaf tea. We also offer a full menu of soups, salads, sandwiches, frittatas, and some great British specialties such as pasties and sausage rolls. Browse our retail area to find your favorite imported British foods and candies, as well as tea gifts and accessories. We are open Monday through Saturday from 10 am until 5 pm, but we do stop seating around 4 pm. Reservations are strongly recommended, especially if you're coming at lunchtime. We are available on Sundays for groups of 20-50 guests. We a kid-friendly and offer a child's menu including a child's afternoon tea. We also can accommodate catering orders. Call ahead for tea sandwiches and scones for your next get-together. We can have them boxed and ready for you to pick up, or we can bring the afternoon tea experience to your home, with full-service staffing. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I've been going to Taste of Britain for decades. It's a great place for singles couples, and small parties of 4-6. The scones are delicious, quiches are all homemade. It's where I learned to love Stilton, Double Devon cream, & Jam! Christmas time's my favorite! Special events too, as well as a nice array of teacups, pots, and caddies for sale, along with hard to find UK food specialties & candies. A joy!

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Second time at A Taste of Britain. Sat in back this time next to pictures of the Queen and Princes and Ladies . As before , the tea was delicious with a large list to choose from . Sandwiches were perfect and we were so full that we took the dessert home with us . I will go again next time I'm in the area . Big thumbs up from me .

1  Thank louise d
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I can always count on Taste of Britain as a great meeting place to catch up with friends. The atmosphere is cozy and the food is very tasty. You can do classic tea and scones or tea sandwiches, but they also have wonderful soups, sandwiches, quiche, etc. The overall vibe is not trendy, which I usually prefer, but I have always been pleased with all aspects of my experiences there.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

i have been here several times. good tea and finger food. i dont kn ow if it is the sort of a place that i would eat a full meal. I am a big guy and would have to order alot of scones to get filled up. the wife eats less and really enjoys the place. i basically go here to make her happy. good service and food. pleasent atmisphere.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

the place is cozy, though pads on chairs would be nice, love the teas, and the chicken pot pie, scones are really nice, fresh.

Been to A Taste of Britain? Share your experiences!