“Nice discovery”

Market Street Grill
Ranked #8 of 271 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I happened to be in West Chester and wanted to try a new place. The ratings on TripAdvisor led us to try it out. We were immediately seated in a booth. Right away I noticed the paintings on the wall. Lots of iconic symbols (Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali, Marilyn Monroe, Mickie Mouse, etc.) are hanging on the walls.

There is a lot of energy in the place.

We had the chicken thighs and waffle plate which was one of the daily specials. The food was piping hot and seemed to stay hot throughout the meal. My guess was that the waffle acted as insulation. The gravy was outstanding and really tasted good with the hash browns that accompanied the meal. We both enjoyed our meal. Note that it does not taste as good the next day if you are unable to finish it all.

For a breakfast, I found it rather pricey ($36 for two people).

Reviewed 10 November 2017

After eating at Green Street Grill, had to try the original eatery of Kerry's and was not disappointed, same terrific menu, the place to have breakfast or lunch whenever I am in West Chester, same friendly wait staff, makes you feel like you are a constant customer even if it's the first time.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Don't let the long lines fool you. Getting seated doesn't take long. Or better yet, walk right in and grab a seat at the breakfast bar. Food is upscale-diner with a twist. And that twist is what makes Market Street Grill amazing. Their andouille gravy is UNREAL so even if you just get it as a side to dip in... Talk about YUM.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I find this place addicting. And so do all the friends and relatives I bring here. I go through favorite dish phases ... the avacado/cornbread Benedict, the grilled cheese with bacon Benedict (yes - I said grilled cheese), the biscuits and gravy (their sausage gravy is heaven), the chipped beef (I would use a straw to get it all in if I could), the short rib (Benedict, omelet, ... it doesn't matter), huge fresh pancakes, the Bruno (their signature dish), ... I could go on for hours. I can not get enough of this place. And their lunches are amazing too!

I have found no match to this place anywhere in the area. Reasonably priced, easy to get to, great for family and kids. If you love breakfast, you have to visit. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

This is a good place for breakfast that is a nice cafe atmosphere. With some artistic inspirations, the well decorated cafe makes for a nice family friendly place to eat. This is also a short walk from West Chester University.