“Breakfast pleasure”
Review of Roots Cafe

Roots Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Roots Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 271 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We were visiting West Chester and since I have gluten issues, finding a breakfast place that accommodates my needs can be challenging. We happened upon Roots Cafe and had the best meal. It was so good we went back the next day to again enjoy the menu. The dishes are unique which is why we went back because it was so hard to decide what to have. Loved the fact the food is locally sourced which made for a unique menu. I had the corned beef hash all home made which was fantastic. Others in our party had eggs benedict, pork belly sandwich and custom smoked salmon. Duck sausage gravy on cornbread was also a hit as were the omelets. They also have the best coffee. Love the ambiance of the tree and root theme throughout the premise.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Waited almost one hour for meal. Ordered bacon on side and no potatoes. Came out bacon in omelet with potatoes on side...yellow jackets all over patio...could not enjoy ...

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Got to love some good, fresh, local food! It bums me out they switch up their menu since they have such great options but it's seasonal so gives you a ton to enjoy and not get bored of what Roots has to offer. Awesome brunch options and dinner as well!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Learned about this place on TA app. Walked there from Hotel Warner but stupidly forgot to use our discount card there. Breakfast and lunch menus posted outside. No dinner menu posted there. No hours posted. Thought they were closed when we arrived at 6:30 pm. Walked away and hostess came out to let us know she had garden tables available. Was led to the garden past inside tables, bar, and then past the outdoor storage, outdoor walk in refrigerators and electric meters to our table. Small deck with 6 tables and umbrellas. Almost asked my family if we could leave. Felt like we were seated in the dumpster area!!! Walk in and outdoor kitchen doors were filthy!!!! Table so uneven that food dripped off the edge of the plate. BUT.....the food was creative,tasty and just plain outstanding! Enjoyed every bite. Would return if that patio was updated and power cleaned!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have loved this restaurant since it's inception. This was my first Brunch at Roots. The food was so fresh and artfully prepared. My friend and our daughters all got different things and tasted each others. Mr. Cellucci and his team have out done themselves.