“Don't Ask For Pizza Here”

Lorenzo's Steaks & Hoagies
Ranked #56 of 274 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Deli, Soups
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Lorenzo's Steaks and Hoagies employees should probably be sick of people asking where the pizza is. There is a Lorenzo and Sons Pizza 5 minutes away from this place. My family and I were waiting for the West Chester Railroad to depart, so we stopped in for what I thought was the pizza spot. I asked the cashier if this was the famous pizza place. He politely informed me that it was not. He proceeded to give me some recommendations. I took a menu and left saying that I had to see what my wife wanted (she initially wanted pizza).

Feeling guilty about this case of mistaken identity, I convinced my wife to try out this place (and we drove over to get a couple of slices from Lorenzo and Sons later). We ordered a grilled chicken salad and 10 buffalo wings. Both were very large portions. The salad was pretty standard. The wings were huge, but I think the sauce had some barbeque mixed in. While I did like them, it wasn't the best sauce in the world. The do offer whole wings, too, but they take twice as long to cook.

Other than that, it had the feel of a classic steak and hoagie shop. The clatter of the grill, the smell of chopped onions and luncheon meat; I really would like to try their cheesesteaks out.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

The pizza was huge! One slice was ver filling. The cheese was good and the crust was thin which we loved!! Seating upstairs which was very nice.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Always happy and friendly staff, the restaurant is no frills take out only but the food is so delicious exactly what we were looking for

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

The cheesesteaks are good, definitely not great, too slimy overall. There was something weird to the taste too. The size of the cheesesteak is just normal. The pizza by-the-pie is humongous, we bought a slice. Similar to the cheesesteak, it was good, not great. Too much cheese for me, not enough sauce. The two girls behind the counter just looked unhappy. Seriously, it would be difficult to keep the scowl they had on my own face for 5 minutes. They had that ticked off look the entire time we were there! With all customers! Equal opportunity disgruntlement! Cheesesteak costs $7.50 each, slice of cheese pizza $3.50.

1  Thank Steveage
Reviewed 8 July 2016

basically this is Lorenzo's on south but in the burbs. Pizza is pretty much the same, but the building is way better. Lots of seating upstairs. Great for after soccer gatherings.