“Very cozy place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were told we have to try this place out for a few years now. Well on April 1st we decided to go. I called for reservations just in case they're booked up, we were able to get in at 4:30. We parked a block over on Penn st because we went to Chatty Monks first and walked from there. We arrived at 4:30 and we're the first guests, but filled up quickly.
Our waiter was Ron and was knowledgeable and helpful with the menu and the specials they had for the evening. All sounded great and my husband chose the seafood lasagna special, he loved it. I chose the lobster crab ravioli off the menu, loved it also. The bruschetta appetizer was delish, can't go wrong with that.
We would definitely go back.
Don't listen on the bad reviews, just go and enjoy!! I think it's a great little cozy family feel Italian restaurant with very small bathrooms you just have to see to believe!
Just go and enjoy!!

Reviewed 31 March 2017

This restaurant is located in the basement of a small row home in West Reading, which though the tables are close together, it's still an amazing dining experience. The food is very good, but wouldn't call it exceptional. The service was fantastic. A little expensive for what you get, but overall, you will have a pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank bob_hollinger
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Had the pleasure of eating at Mom Chaffe's for first time, with a group of friends, and the electricity was out! The staff handled it with such grace, never skipping a beat and managed to deliver excellent meals, by candle light, that were enjoyed by all. Had the tuna steak, it was a moist, tender, melt in your mouth delight. Shout out to Sarah, our server, who was the consummate professional making our experience even better. If they can deliver this kind of experience with no electricity, I can only imagine what they can do when it on!

Reviewed 18 March 2017

For the price this place is way over rated. First coarse we had bread with a slice of tomato(out of season pretty tasteless) with melted cheese. I ordered chicken parm my wife had grouper. The sauce/gravy was bland and under seasoned as was the chicken. The grouper was cooked perfect but had no flavor what so ever. I also tried the shad and roe which was the best thing I tasted besides the salad and asparagus. It was our first time there and sorry to say my last.

2  Thank garycabot
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Visited Mom Chaffe's last night, and left quite pleased. Our meals were wonderful....our party of 4 had 2 Veal Parmesan, 1 Eggplant Parmesan, and 1 grouper special. Both the portion sizes and quality of the food exceeded our expectations. Our server, Aaron was on his game, and really knew the menu and specials. Just a few comments....the food was great!...the place is small, and the tables are very close together (don't expect to have an intimate conversation), they don't have any beer on tap, and the ladies room is smaller than one on an airplane. I can't speak to the size of the men's room, as I didn't need to use it. There is no parking lot, and the restaurant is in a residential neighborhood, so parking can be tough. I'm handicapped, and parked a block and a half away. Now, with that being said, I've still got to say, if you've never been here, make it a point to get here. The food is that good. The prices are a bit high for Italian Food, but the quality is worth it.

Been to Mom Chaffe's Cellarette? Share your experiences!