“UnBerks Bistro”

Bistro 614
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in West Reading
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in West Reading on beautiful Penn Avenue. We serve seasonally inspired, chef prepared creations with fine wines, attentive service in an upscale yet relaxed environment. Gluten free, vegetarian or other dietary needs accommodated.
Reviewed 30 November 2017

The standard restaurant in Berks specifically the Reading area is sandwich shops, diners and chains. Bistro 614 offers the food and feeling of being somewhere other than the area in which it is located. There is a limited menu but the choices at our table for three were all plated wonderfully and proclaimed to be very good. I had the Eggs Benedict with Lox which was cooked perfectly. The drink menu is also limited but interesting and nicely executed. The atmosphere is that of a small bistro(which it is) the service is prompt and welcoming. Prices for the Reading area are high medium but worth every extra penny. So the next time you need to get away for a short repose from the every day, visit this out of the norm restaurant.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I enjoy eating here when I am shopping in West Reading. Food is consistently good, lovely to sit outside when the weather is nice

Reviewed 18 October 2017

While in Reading on business I had lunch here with two friends, and though the menu isn't extensive what was here was impressive. I narrowed my choice to a Monte Cristo sandwich, and not only was it the best Monte Cristo I've ever had--stacked with lean meat, the bread battered and cooked to perfection, and topped with sprinkles of powdered sugar--it was also the best single meal I had in town this trip. Reservations are recommended, but when we were there we could have had our choice of any table. I can't imagine the reason, unless it's the fact that this is a gourmet, upscale eatery and the prices reflect that.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Very impressed with the appetizers, especially the pan-fried goat cheese. Main courses were perfect. Steak was prepared exactly as ordered. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The one vegetarian entree didn't appeal to me so I instead ordered three small plates: soup of the day (roasted red pepper), caprese, and the beet salad. All were prepared nicely and I left feeling like I had the best meal at the table.