Econo Lodge Arena(Wilkes-Barre)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
EconoLodge
US$88
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$139
GardenInn.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Wilkes-Barre)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$111
Mohegan Sun Pocono(Wilkes-Barre)
US$144
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

1,096 results
All reviewsstreamside roomoutdoor barbeautiful streamtower roombrick ovenshogun restaurantdance clubhuge hot tublive bandwooded areasushigreat weekendpool and jacuzzibreakfast buffetfree shuttle to the casinonearby casinorestaurant staff
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was my first stay at The Woodlands Resort. Myself and other coworkers stay here for business. Love the staff, amenities, restaurants, and the beautiful scenery. I would highly recommend for both business and pleasure.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
RossKornfeld, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Jen:

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. Your kind words are very much appreciated and will go a long way in our continued effort in providing excellent service and a great stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I was quite shocked when we arrived to the hotel, it wasn’t at all what we imagined. It was very nice and the staff was great but we were hoping for a getaway in the woods. The staff helped us upgrade our room and it ended up being fine. So the advertising is great! However the inhouse nightclub was terrifying. We were harrasses by people who not only put their hands on us but offered us, what appeared to be crack! That and the thick cigarette smoke was tough to deal with. Unfortunately we had to leave after that!

Food was great, but we were treated strangely by the people in the Japanese restaurant.

Room Tip: The couch was pretty gross in the presidential suite
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. I'm disappointed in reading about your encounter in both Shogun and Evolution. This is not behavior typically associated with the Woodlands. We hope it will not deter you from returning.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My fiancé and I stayed at The Wooldlands twice and both stats were great! All the amenities right at the resort. We had drinks at the Sky Vu deck bar and a delicious hibachi dinner at Shogun Japanese restaurant. The staff all showed exceptional customer service. We can’t wait to visit again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cfranks521

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. Your kind words will offer encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to make each and every stay as memorable as possible. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My friends and I were very pleased to return to the Woodlands Resort for the second time (the first for one of us). Again we were not disappointed. Great location, and great pricing. The night we were there, there was a live band down in the club, and the rooftop bar overlooking the river was in full swing. I was really pleased to be informed that if you are a returning guest to this hotel, you are eligible to receive a $25 deduction! I'm sure I will be back for a third time if I ever have reason to return to Pennsylvania.

Room Tip: The split level rooms on the first floor are not accessible by elevator. Try to stay away from them if you have excess luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex G

Dear Alex:

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated as it will go a long way in our continued effort in providing excellent service and a great stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

You really can't beat the scenery around this hotel. A beautiful rushing stream, large outdoor pool surrounded by nature and some pretty walking trails. Overall the interior is slightly dated. The room was ok. Great comfy bed. Sadly everything from the shampoo to soap was mango based which i'm allergic to, so I had nothing to use. luckily I carry Purell. You could pretty much hear everything from the rooms next door. The shower had a weird two bench thing in it which made it annoying to use.
The outdoor pool was great. The indoor hot tub looked huge and amazing online, but was luke warm so we didn't get use out of it.

The biggest downfall of this place was bad front desk service and the terrible food options. It took forever to check us in and OUT. We must have stood there for 15 minutes both times. Slowest desk service i've ever encountered at a hotel. At one point a person I assume was the manager was berating her employee in full view of everyone in the lobby. I thought this was so inappropriate & unprofessional of the manager-and felt bad for the employee who was being embarrassed like that in front of everyone. At least take it in an office.

Creszendo's had to be one of the worst restaurants i've ever eaten at. Dinner was so bad that I declined the $12 breakfast buffet.

We checked out the outdoor bar on a Friday night and what a scene that was. One woman was so drunk she full on splayed out on the deck spilling her drink and ice all over. The nightclub seemed way to loud and an empty creepy scene so we skipped that.

If you get a good deal for this place it would be worth staying at. There are far worse places, but I wouldn't stay here again by choice.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
RossKornfeld, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Renee:

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. I am so sorry you had such a disappointing stay. Feedback like yours will help us in our continued effort in providing excellent service and a great stay. Although we failed miserably we will put forth a much better performance going forward.