1,163 results
All reviews streamside room outdoor bar beautiful stream tower room brick oven shogun restaurant dance club huge hot tub made to order omelets bridal suite sushi great weekend casino package breakfast buffet free shuttle to the casino wings the mohegan sun casino
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Excellent customer service. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Lots of things to do at the hotel. The room was very clean and the food was excellent and tasty. The complimentary breakfast was very good with lots of variety of food.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
RossKornfeld, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Frances:

Thank you for taking time to write your review. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it goes a long way in our continued effort in providing excellent service and a great stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Enjoyed our stay at this property while driving from Virginia to Massachusetts. Easy access to the highway. Very close to the casino and shuttle bus service was nice and convenient. Room was adequate and the bed was comfortable. The hotel bar and restaurant was very reasonably priced and staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the hallway leading to the night club on weekends so you don't need to be hassled by noise or foot traffic!
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
RossKornfeld, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Robyn:

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. We very much appreciate the kind words. We hope you will once again think of us the next time your travel plans bring you to the Wilkes-Barre area. Hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I’ve been going there for the past 5 years and this place is the best ever. Great staff and manager. I’d recommend if you want to have a great weekend. The pool is always clean and food service is perfect

Room Tip: My room every year near pool has been great
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 231craig
RossKornfeld, Owner at The Woodlands Resort, An Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Craig,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. Positive remarks like yours helps us in our continued effort in providing excellent service and a great stay. Please think of us again the next time your travel plans bring you to the Wilkes-Barre area.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This facility is not accessible (not ada compliant) if you have mobility issues stay away. I even emailed ahead of time an my question was glossed over. All ramps and roads have steep slope. When I asked how to reduce my aging parents steps I was to to DRIVE her to different entrances..FYI still had stairs.
Now my review outside of the stair issue.
We had a tower room. Room was dated and worn but overall clean. These rooms are above the lobby. Avoid 408 as we looked over the roof equipment and it was noisy. The adjoining door had no sound proofing and we heard our neighbors clearly. Entry door did not have a closer (fire issue?). We were on the second floor and I would have used the steps but they were dark and unsafe looking.
Weekday perks. Coffee in lobby and happy hour in bars. Free appetizers were room temperature not hot. Breakfast buffet is average for brand. Again not hot. Only extra is the made to order eggs. Not worth paying extra to me.
Indoor pool is dark and have to go down stairs to access, decent size. Fitness center is accessible through pool / hot tub area. Up an entire flight of steps. One restroom in entire area. Rusty and damp.
Outdoor pool is smaller. No restroom for pool. Trees around pool deck need to be cut back. A group of us played chase the sun one day. (We kept sliding our chairs over)
Restaurant...ok. It can only be accessed by stairs.
On Friday there were 3 separate bands/music offered. Night club, restaurants and bars on opposite side from front lobby. This is a partying hotel. If you want quite this is not the place to go on a weekend.
Free shuttle to Mohegan Sun was great. Our driver Tom was helpful and full of knowledge.
The street side is just a big paved area. The steam side is lush and tree covered. There is a bridge that looks to to to a trail but there was hazard tape up when I was there.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The Staff was very accommodating but the Room size was small and the check in Staff, Shannon was not forth coming with information regarding the Resort. The Barbecue and the $1 Happy Hour was a hit!
Overall the stay was relaxing.

Room Tip: The open shower is not desirable, too much water gets on the Floor.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. Feedback from our guests is very much appreciated. Our front desk staff including Shannon are new to their positions and therefore not as knowledgeable as they should be. My apologies on behalf of our staff. I hope it won't deter you from returning in the future.