All reviewstgi fridaysparking lotwafflesfree breakfastroom was cleanbreakfast stafffront desk staffking suitethe mohegan sun casinoshuttle servicebusiness tripstaff was friendlyfree shuttlecomfortable stayquality innnight's sleepa great place to stay
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is under construction, but that in no way interfered with our brief stay. The pool was clean and well stocked with towels. The room was also clean with comfortable beds and linens. Breakfast was tasty with scrambled eggs and bacon, and the breakfast host was extremely friendly and welcoming. They even have a dispenser in the lobby for refilling water bottles.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
LoisAnneCY, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I do apologize for the hotel being under construction as we have just finished painting our exterior. I am glad it did not affect your stay and am glad that you utilized some of our many amenities while you were staying with us. I hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Wilkes-Barre area again.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

Since my last visit, the hotel has greatly improved. It is refurbishing the outside, the inside looks cleaner, everything was plugged in and working. When the empty kleenex box was not replaced, a call to the front desk resulted in the employee asking if she could bring up a new box immediately. The front desk staff remains superb, and the good breakfast menu now includes cheese omelets. There remains two problems: a small one involves a free client computer so out of date it still used Windows XP, and a major one involving the room.There are no shades on the windows,so be prepared to wake up early by the light coming in through the flimsy thing hanging on the window. Incredible!!

Room Tip: Pick a room that doesn't get the morning light, which woke us up too early every day due to a lack of shades.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review or our hotel. We greatly appreciate any and all feedback! I am glad that you thought our property has improved since previous years. We also hope to improve our services to ensure complete satisfaction. As it relates to the business center computers, this is something I will definitely look into. Also, all of our windows do have black out curtains. My housekeeping team does have a tendency to push them back, but I can assure you that they are present. I hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you during your travels through Wilkes-Barre again.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Even though the hotel was being painted during our stay, I have to say the we enjoyed the hotel and the friendly staff and we would stay there again. The beds were very comfortable, everything was clean, and there is a nice pool, workout room and hot tub. The bonus is the TGI Fridays that is right next door, making it easy to go to dinner without having to get back in the car. There is easy access to the freeway and it is close to downtown Wilkes Barre.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate any and all feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our many amenities available at the property and hope if your travels bring you back this way that you will stay with us again. Again, thank you for your review and your business with the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Wilkes-Barre.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Hotel was clean and staff super friendly. Breakfast the first day was great, not as great our second day, but adequate. Breakfast staff, however, was awesome both days. The ladies greeted you with warm smiles and always asked if everything was okay. Check in was effortless, front desk overall was helpful and responsive to requests. Housekeeping was friendly and brought requested items quickly to our room.

Hot tub was a little small but pool area was clean and fully stocked with towels. Nice gym area though didn't get a chance to use it. Had some trouble with the wifi but was able to rectify it after a while.

The bad......parking lot is shared by many properties, so on a busy night you have cars from the TGIF on one end and cars from whatever small hotel is in the back on the other end. The worst part of things for me was the fact that we booked the hotel before they added the bit of information on their website about the hotel being painted. Because of this the windows in the hotel were covered. Since the windows were covered the fact that I had requested a view of the mountains was null and void. Hotel views can be hit or miss, so I usually ask in advance for what I want. Since I booked early was shocked when I heard that all of the views would be blocked during our stay.

Stayed in the two double suite. Pictures make it seem larger than it really is, but it was good enough for our group. Opening the sofa bed makes for some interesting maneuvering to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Small microwave and fridge area with coffee maker next to the bathroom.

All in all a good stay in a clean location, nice once you get inside, but you will not get that warm and welcome feeling driving up there with all of the painting going on. Shuttle service available but we did not use it. Gym on premises but we also did not get to use that either. Many food options a short drive away.

Room Tip: I'm told the mountain view is beautiful on the higher floors, can't confirm because my view consisted of plastic.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Worn worn bed linens. Tiny tv with incomprehensible channels. Its a tired hotel that needs more than the new windows in process. Towels thin and worn. Duvet worn. Just overall a bleak room. The lobby looks nice. Marriott properties seem to be going downhill

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kellydinkc2016
LoisAnneCY, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you very much for the review of your stay. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the television along with the worn linen/towels. I have spoken to my team regarding these issues and want you to know they will be addressed immediately. Thank you again for your review of our property.