“Very surprised”

Dave Colarusso's Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #92 of 284 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 17 January 2017

A coworker suggested this place one Friday night and I will definitely be going back! I ordered the fresh tomato pizza which was excellent and the honey BBQ boneless bites were to die for! Never had anything like them! I also ordered a shrimp salad which could of fed 3 people! I will be coming back!

Reviewed 7 December 2016

WHERE: Dave Colarusso’s Pizza & Pasta – 105 W End Road, Wilkes-Barre, PA
Located on the Wilkes-Barre side of the Carey Avenue bridge in the
little strip mall next to Circle Bar-B-Que.

PHONE: 570.822.0181
WHEN: Tuesday, 2016.1206 @ approximately 8:15pm
COST: 2 Guests / Eat In - Total Cost $34.61 (Excluding Tip)
COMMENT: We are ALWAYS Treated Well Here – This is “Our Go To Place” for
“Chicken Parmigiana” -- Hands Down, “It’s THE BEST!”

We ran into “Dave Colarusso’s” little restaurant pretty much by accident a few years ago and have been going there ever since. The quality of the food is consistently excellent and is always made fresh to order! If you want a great Italian dish for an absolutely reasonable price ($12.95), this is the place to go! The Chicken Parmigiana is my favorite! The chicken is battered and fried, then topped with a great homemade sauce and cheese then baked to perfection! It is always fresh and when you bite into it, it’s moist, juicy, and tender! Dave’s Chicken Parm beats all others in the area by leaps and bounds! The portion is very generous and the price is very fair. With the Chicken Parm, you’ll also get a side of pasta. In addition, I order a dinner salad ($2.25) – the salad is also always very fresh and the lettuce is crispy! “Everything is Absolutely Delicious!” And let’s not forget the basket of fresh bread with plenty of butter that comes with the meal too! My husband and I have ordered other items as well, and all were very good! I still favor the Chicken Parm though! Besides having the most wonderful Italian Food, the owner, Dave just has to be a “Great Guy!” – Everyone at Calorusso’s is “Happy!” We haven’t been fortunate enough to meet Dave just yet, but we did meet his son “Kyle” this evening. We were running a little late so my husband called our order in to have it ready upon our arrival. Kyle took our order and no sooner did we walk in the door, Kyle was there with our pasta and a great big welcoming smile! Everyone who works at Dave’s seems to be quite happy! We are “Always Greeted with a Smile!” There is the most lovely little lady who works there too; she literally runs around ensuring all patrons are taken care of like they’re family! Finally, we found out her name is “Naomi”. Naomi is the sweetest, kindest lady one could ever hope to meet. Naomi goes out of her way to make sure all is perfect with your meal and ensures you’re all happy too! Naomi “Does it All!” … She greets the folks who arrive, seats them, waits on them and delivers their food, takes phone orders at the counter, runs the cash register, helps the kitchen staff when needed, and cleans up! What an asset Naomi is to Dave Calorusso’s! Dave must be so proud to have Naomi as the front person for his restaurant; Naomi truly makes you want to visit Calorusso’s again, and again, and again! I can honestly say “I have never met anyone like Naomi!’ What a wonderful human being! Dave, “Thank You” for the great food! And “Thank You” for giving us the opportunity to meet Naomi.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Cozy atmosphere and very friendly staff make the beat pizza in the area, even better.even better, great soups and fabulous pasta dinners too. Bernie is a competitor.

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

We got a cheesesteak and pizza to go. The pizza sauce was sour and the crust was mushy. The cheesesteak had no flavor and the peppers were soggy.

First and last time here.

Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

I am not a person that enjoys pizza but I love Colarusso's. It is the best, the shrimp favorite is my favorite as well as my boyfriends. I absolutely love the double stuffed eggplant. I haven't gotten anything else only because I just want to enjoy the eggplant again! Make a stop, the food is great. Staff is always friendly, so even if the restaurant isn't huge and homey the food is!