“Great Hibachi Food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2016

We had a nice meal with flair prepared Asian food. The have Sushi that is also highly regarded although I don't eat Sushi and cannot vouch for that personally. The host worked hard to get us seated even without a reservation. It gets very busy some nights and the parking lot fills quickly. My advice go early if you can.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

As always the food was wonderful. Our Hibachi chef was not very exciting or entertaining. We had a party of 11 and they were not as accommodating as we would have hoped with such a large party.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

This Japanese/hibachi restaurant is resting on its laurels. We've eaten here before and had a decent meal. This one was not. We ate at the hibachi, but I chose a meal from the main menu, which we were told was fine. My dinner was a series of missteps, and we were literally rushed out of the door. About two bites into our salad, our soup was placed in front of us (mine was the wrong soup). Then my rice came -- white rice, not the brown I ordered. My sushi never arrived, an finally came with my meal. The tuna entree was literally inedible. It came in a sizzling pan, and continued to cook as I took a bite or two of the sushi. It was so overcooked it was awful. I sent it back, asking for medium rare. The second dish was served the same way, so I quickly took it off the sizzling pan. The tuna was fatty and tough, clearly poor quality (which is probably why they tried to serve the first one so cooked). I finally gave up, and the server did not comment on taking away my full plate. My husband's steak (hibachi meal) was only average, but he also commented on the low quality. Even my mother, who generally does not notice such things, even noticed how rushed and frantic the atmosphere was. We will not be returning.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

My husband and I are big sushi fans, and Ooka always delivers quality product. Our favorite standard is tuna sushi, which is always tasty, but what makes Ooka stand out is the sea bass with foie gras. It is maybe my favorite bite of food on earth. The combination of rice, fish, foie and the few drops of sauce they drizzle on top is just magical.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

I guess this is Japanese food for the American masses? No thanks. Of the many dishes we sampled, dumplings were good, edamame average, tofu extremely bland (and none of the advertised bonita flakes could be discerned), baked mussels literally inedible-- raw mussels topped with gloppy baked something-or-other. Black cod 'with eggplant' was served with, I'm not kidding, 2 charred slivers of eggplant each the size of half a toothpick. Calimari was caked with too-thick tempura batter, and a cloying sauce. In fact, all the sauces were variants on sweetened teriyaki. Service was so-so. Sorry, this McJapanese is just not for us.