“Awesome!! I completely recomend this place!”
Review of ViVA Bistro & Lounge - CLOSED

ViVA Bistro & Lounge
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: NOW OPEN! ViVA CASTLE PUB at the READING COUNTRY CLUB!! When it comes to "Tasting the Good Life," it doesn't get any better than experiencing ViVÁ's fresh and healthy contemporary Euro-Mediterranean cuisine with Appetizers and Tapas served graciously in our beautiful, warm and friendly "Old World" Bistro and trendy, cosmopolitan Lounge settings. At ViVÁ it's all about affordable great tasting food, drinks and fun, featuring Tapas (a Spanish tradition of small plates meant to be shared), fantastic Signature Salads and Paninis, the freshest Seafood in town, great Italian Pasta Dishes, French-inspired Chicken Entrées, fabulous Prime Rib, fresh locally-butchered Steaks, along with ViVÁ's scrumptious Home-Made Desserts and fine selections of Wines, World Class Ales & Lagers, and Signature Drinks.
Reviewed 13 May 2015 via mobile

I was there for mothers day with my family and we were 100% satisfied with the food and the service. Our waiter was so fast that the first and second dishes were ready after 15 min from the order. The salad side is still big and my salmon was delicious. We also ordered clams, crab cakes and mac&cheese and prime rib. We think that the portions and the prices are balanced. Also, the place is peaceful and the lightening awesome!

Rachael R, Manager at ViVA Bistro & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2015

We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience when you visited us on Mother's Day, Eva. It sounds like you tried a little bit of everything. We always want our customers to leave full & happy and with a wonderful experience like this. Thanks for stopping in and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 4 May 2015

I got mixed vibes about this restaurant. On one hand it was pretty cool, decent food, even live music. On the other hand, it seemed like a hip diner.

Rachael R, Manager at ViVA Bistro & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2015

Thank you for your review Marc. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to having you back again! What was your choice of meal the night you stopped in? Look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 30 April 2015

Viva was always my favorite restaurant in the area. The last two times I was there the service definitely was not up to their usual standards. A month ago I was there for lunch and had to ask for my salad 3 times, while the rest of my dining companions already had their food. The salad that was finally brought to me looked like it was sitting for a while and was not very appetizing. This time the manager had comped us part of our meal, She approached our table and apologized for our meal not being great without us having to ask for her. Today I had lunch there was some friends and waited 15 minutes after we sat down for our drinks to be brought to us and our orders taken. My friends were on their lunch hour and did not have time to waste. We ordered our food using their express lunch feature. My panini was not as hot or as grilled as it should have been. When I asked to use a coupon for a free dessert that I had received via email that I had on my phone the waitress stated....we have to have a print out...they just decided not to accept these on phones anymore and walked away. I hope whatever they resolve whatever issues are going on with their wait staff. It would be sad to see this restaurant that was always so spectacular fail due to their servers.

1  Thank JeanneL531

Thank you for your review Jeanne. We're sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations, especially since you have been frequenting ViVA again and again. We are sorry that you could not use your coupon on your phone, however we have stopped allowing this to better track when a coupon is used. We certainly didn't want it to affect your meal and it has, so we apologize. Hopefully when you return we can show you the true standard we have set for our employees' service!

Reviewed 19 April 2015

visit reading and its close to our hotel so we go to listen to music. last night they had a karaoake background and a non-professional trying his best. Not great, a bit amusing. Service is always awful! Got our burgers (served completely dry) and asked for silverware (never got it ) and ketchup/mustard but the waitress could not pull off these tasks. Saw her walking around, talking to people, reminded her and finally had to ask other waitresses and then 15 minutes and 2 cold burgers later, we got a tiny cup of catsup. Note to kitchen, provide catsup bottles. and put silverware/napkins wrapped up in site so customers can get their own.
I asked for iced tea and the waitress brought the tea at 9 pm and said "its the last tea of the night." so charged full price but no refills, she thought this was normal.
Its a beautiful restaurant, nice set up but you will not get good service, its this way every time we've visited.

We are very sorry to hear that your past experiences haven't been at the level we hold ourselves, and thank you for the feedback. Could you let us know what night you were in for dinner and the name of the server you had? We look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

Visited here recently as part of a small group, we sat at the bar area that was fairly busy whilst main restaurant was not so busy.
There was one person working the bar area and after waiting had to ask to be served. After finally ordering, the food that arrived was very poor (e.g. 3 servings of cold french fries) and one meal had to be sent back. Pretty bad.
Have been here before though after this last visit I think that the service and food quality has really declined.
There were plenty of staff around the quiet restaurant though the busy area had only one person serving and seemed to be way too busy to be covered alone for serving drinks, food and cleaning tables.
Bad experience.

Thank you for your review fivesheds. We are disappointed to hear that you weren't happy with the level of service and food you received. We always try to impress every single one of our customers. Do you happen to remember what date you visited us, and who your bartender was? We look forward to speaking with you more.