“Great food, service and atmosphere”

Redlefsen's Rotisserie & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Redlefsen's Rotisserie & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 87 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: American, European, German
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin Street
Transit: There is a bus stop at Hope street and Franklin Street.
Description: Redlefsen's is a German - American Restaurant which celebrates it's German heritage while allowing a percentage of its menu to satisfy other worldly palates. The porcelain beer towers pour German drafts in proper glassware, including das boot. The schnitzels and sauerbraten are as authentic as if you were in Bavaria. But if someone in your group must have calamari, Redlefsen's will be able to provide one of the best in the State.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Four of us dined here recently on a Sunday afternoon and the food was outstanding. I can definitely say it was some of the best German food I've ever had. It puts to shame the German food I have to deal with during winter months in Florida. The savory mushroom crepe was wonderful, full of large slices of mushrooms. We also shared a side order of the baked spaetzle which everyone loved. The Wiener Schnitzel was truly outstanding prepared all three ways. The accompanying red cabbage and spaetzle were so tasty. Usually I've found spaetzle typically under spiced and kind of blah but not here, it was great on it's own. The German beef goulash melted in your mouth, my wife loved it. On a non-German note, one of us had the Chicken Provence which was great as well, the ravioli and sauce were one of a kind.
We spoke at length with the father of the Proprietor who was the original owner and he was very sociable and helpful in understanding how the food has evolved there and why their German food isn't like your typical German food. He definitely convinced me to come back for the Sauerbraten which I've not enjoyed at other establishments but sounds so good how they prepare it. The four of us also intend to make reservations for the Oktoberfest celebration which sounds like a lot of fun.

Jeff G, Owner at Redlefsen's Rotisserie & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

I am so glad you had a great Sunday dinner. I agree our German food is outstanding. And I am especially pleased you had a great time talking to my father. He truly does love meeting people. Sunday is his day so I hope you'll stop by and see him again. Or come another time of the week and meet me. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Our family of four had a wonderful meal here. The weinershnitzel was true to form with Satzle and pickled cabbage. We had the Crepe with asparagus for an appetizer and it was also very good. The Caesar salad was fresh made and we loved the bread variety. Service was moderate understanding the menu is made to order. We recommend trying this spot for a nice selection of Worldly foods.

Thank you Scott. I appreciate the review. I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

What goes well with a great sunset and water view, a fabulous meal with family and friends.
This is one of my favorites in Bristol. I had the soft shell crab special for the first time at this restaurant. It was one of the best I've ever had. This is a dish I frequently order at various restaurants when in season. Trust me, Redlefsen's soft shell crab dish stood out to me amongst them all. I've never - ever had a bad meal here. Service is always good. And the view is spectacular!! BTW: Two weeks before the 4th of July there are free concerts right across the street which are hosted by the town of Bristol's 4th of July Committee at Independence Park. You can hear the bands clearly from the patio at Redlefsen's! Highly recommend

Jeff G, Owner at Redlefsen's Rotisserie & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Hi. Thank you so much for the review. Happy Fourth!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I had not been here for quite a while and ordered a dish that USED to be good, the seafood combo plate called Fritto Misto, with cod, a couple of shrimp, and calamari. It was greasy, the breading was awful, and the fish was sour. This is a good restaurant, but there are other places in Bristol if you want seafood, so stick to the German bratwurst and schnitzels if you come here, or try one of the daily specials. The staff is friendly, nice atmosphere, and in summer you can sit outside.

Jeff G, Owner at Redlefsen's Rotisserie & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Bob, I am so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the Frito Misto the other night. You never should have had something that wasn't right. Honestly I would have wanted to know about it that night as soon as you noticed you didn't like it. I could have fixed it and gotten you another one with all the needed corrections. Two days later I don't know how or why that would have happened, so it is a lot harder to figure out what went wrong. But I assure you I am talking to the staff and trying to fix it so the next one that goes out won't be wrong, and everyone that goes out after that is right. Thank you for the heads up though. I am on it.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

I would not say it is 100% German cuisine, but there are a few German authentic dishes on the menu. We were a party of 5 and I did make a reservation because it was a Saturday night, but it was not necessary. It was not crowded at 5:30 pm. But never hurts. I had Goulash with spätzle -Delicious; My husband had Pecan crusted Pork medallions with Maple Cream sauce with mashed potatoes and veggie-Delicious; My son has Crab Stuffed cod with potato croquets and veggie-His plate was completely clean so I guess he enjoyed it. My other guests had the special beef stroganoff over noodles-Very good and Weiner snitzel-Very good as well. Drinks were fairly priced and desserts Delicious. I would recommend the German Chocolate Cake and the Apple Strudel ( Never seen such a high packed apple strudel before). Plan on spending $45.00 per person including a drink, dinner and dessert. YES-I would return.

Jeff G, Owner at Redlefsen's Rotisserie & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Thank you so much. I am glad you enjoyed yourselves. I

I'd agree that we weren't busy on Saturday. In fact it was dead quite by our usual standards. The Tom & the Patriots were playing in the AFC playoffs that night, and we even closed early. I was driving home past other restaurants that were also closing early because not many people were out. But thank you for mentioning that reservations on Saturday are a good idea, non playoffs Saturday nights they are a great thing.