“Food was great as well as the service!”
Review of The Nordic

The Nordic
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Charlestown
Price range: US$90 - US$100
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Unlimited high end buffet featuring lobster, prime rib, filet mignon, scallops, shrimp, oysters, clams, fresh fruits, seafood and many other salads, gourmet dessert bar including chocolate covered strawberries and cherries, carrot cake, cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, apple blossoms and even Haagan Dazs ice cream bar.
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I specifically came here for the Nordic Lodge. We originally saw a video review on Facebook and by impulse decided to venture over to Rhode Island and try it. This was our first time here ans we enjoyed every moment of it. Although we did not get a chance to lay on the hammocks, we enjoyed the food and the scenery. The all you can eat lobsters and crabs were especially great!

Lisa B, Manager at The Nordic, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thanks so much for sharing Jerry. We are very glad you enjoyed your time with us and we'll look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Probably the best seafood buffet I have ever encountered! The all you could eat lobster was fantastic and the crab legs were a bonus. I thought the prime rib was also exceptional. A real gourmet experience. Thanks, Nordic Lodge!!

Thanks so much for sharing such a kind review. We are so very glad you enjoyed our offerings. We will look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

The Nordic Lodge in Rhode Island is literally out of this world. It is very nestled and secluded in the mountains and the hills of Rhode Island. It's about a three and a half hour drive to get there to this restaurant, give or take an hour. It is a very picturesque excursion. One must travel there during the early daytime, because you don't want to get caught out there at night with the wild life. Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh My!!!

The food at the Nordic Lodge in Rhode Island is fabulous. All of the seafood that you can eat and filet minion too! They allow you to select your very own full lobster and King crab legs. All you can eat. Very delicious. If you are into eating seafood with gusto and relish, I suggest this place. It's not every day that one gets to eat as many full lobsters, King crab legs, oysters, shrimps, scallops, and filet minion that one wants. There was lots of variety of desserts as well: NY Style Cheese Cake, brownies, pies, cookies, cakes, ice cream, etc. Just make sure that you go to this restaurant on an empty stomach, so that you may sample all of the food. It's a nice day trip.

Lisa B, Manager at The Nordic, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

How very nice !! Thank you so much for sharing!! It sounds like we can plan on seeing you again in the future and for that we are grateful.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

another great trip to the nordic,as usual food outstanding,service beyond reproach,be ready to eat eat eat and eat some more.

Lisa B, Manager at The Nordic, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Perfect ! Exactly the kind of review we hope for. We look forward to providing you with many more awesome dining experiences in the future David. TY for sharing.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This establishment was great! The land around the restaurant was something I. Ever experienced being a New Yorker. No place has a huge area to sit around and wait for their table. You can relax by a small pond on a hammock, near the swamp looking area, check out the animals, play corn hole/volleyball, sit by a fire pit near the water or lounge near the big pond.

Other than that when you eat you must must must eat slowly and not over eat so fast. You got two hours so make them count! Plus drink water so it digests it fast to make more room lol. My favorite part was the steaks. Never could I ever get two filet mignons and countless outher stuff for the price. The price is big but for what you eat it's so worth it. Think of it like this, in New York a single filet mignon dinner with a lobster tail costs 40-50 bucks easy per person. With this place you can double or triple that for the single 96 per person which includes drinks (water and soft drinks) and tip as well.

If you love sea food then this is the place! I ain't a lobster lover or crab and I'm very picky but the shrimps were awesome and hand made. If I ever had to complain about this place I would suggest adding grilled chicken with the steaks and possibly other seafood like bass, shark, or even flounder. Plus the middle bar could use some more side dishes and such. I mean it don't matter much cause of the amount of food you can eat but for those picky eaters it could lighten the disappointment for them. I would also maybe include burgers as well for those who aren't seafood lovers either.

But please don't freak out! If your not a huge seafood fan or lobster fan do not worry! Eat the steaks, salads, sides and some friend chicken! They also have one hell of a dessert bar! The ice cream is amazing! The toppings and the cakes they have is mouth watering. Unfortunately you may be too full to enjoy all the desserts so nip pick lol. You will not be disappointed what so ever. Thanks Nordic lodge I will probably come back for more! >:)

Lisa B, Manager at The Nordic, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Ty so much for sharing such a detailed review. I'm sure your pointers will be helpful to many. We hope to enjoy your company again soon Craig.