“So worth it”

Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Charlestown
Price range: US$90 - US$100
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Unlimited high end buffet featuring lobster, prime rib, filet mignon, scallops, shrimp, oysters, clams, fresh fruits, seafood and many other salads, gourmet dessert bar including chocolate covered strawberries and cherries, carrot cake, cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, apple blossoms and even Haagan Dazs ice cream bar.
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Ok first I will say super friendly, great service. Now I will say, what i remember eating (food coma)was as follows: 3 lobsters (good size), 1 filet mignon- cooked to order,2 pieces of chicken, fried rice, broccoli, baked potato, pickle, 2 New York style pieces of cheesecake, brownie, ice cream and a magic bar. Soda and a beef rib. This is not cheap food it's really good.

Lisa B, Manager at Nordic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Ty so much for sharing Lorri. Sounds like you had a nice selection of our offerings. Please come again soon so you can try some of the things you missed.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We were there at 2 pm and with no wait>love your food and excellent service for our 2 hours, Your staff are amazing and i had the time to talk with them>they always have amazing smiles. Excellent food>it is so worth the price> you folks are great>xoxo

Lisa B, Manager at Nordic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Awesome ! Thank you so much for sharing and for the great review ! We are very happy you enjoyed your time with us. Come again soon!!

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The food is always amazing and the variety is amazing. There are so many things to choose from and there is no way you can eat some of everything. I only wish they had more gluten free desert options. The chocolate dipped fruit and ice cream are my only options.

Lisa B, Owner at Nordic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Ty for sharing Chris !! Glad you enjoyed your time with us .

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Exceptionally exquisite - it is a must see and try it for yourself words do not even begin to cover what they have to offer, between the food-scenery-activities while you wait-the beautiful acreage-the fire pit--one thing I can tell you without a doubt come hungry and pace yourself and do not drink a lot, to get your money's worth at $$ 96.00/ person-you will truly not be disappointed you have my word

1  Thank heracr
Lisa B, Manager at Nordic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. It makes all our efforts worth while. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The first time I went to the Nordic Lodge was about 25 years ago. Shocked and amazed were my reactions to the all you can eat seafood buffet. Endless lobster! Are you kidding me? I would go back to visit every so often. Each time it was the same beautiful bounty as the time before. I was living in Connecticut at the time, but then moved further away. The time between my visits became longer and longer. Before I knew it, I hadn't been back in over 10 years.

A family vacation to Mystic and Essex took me back to the same area and I just had to make the trek to the Nordic Lodge to see if it still lived up to it's reputation. It was as if I never left. They have done some renovation, especially outside with the picnic tables and Adirondack chairs. There was a fire pit, a sand volleyball court, and a badminton net. People were enjoying drinks and soaking up the scenery outside while they waited for their tables.

Inside hadn't changed much. Why mess with success. The comfy ambience, friendly staff, and mounds of amazing food was all still there. I plowed through two lobsters, a ton of crab legs, two plates of steamers, and a pile of shrimp cocktail. I ended up grabbing a plate of exotic fruits ad then went straight for the ice cream bar and had a Haagen Das sundae and several chocolate dipped strawberries. My adult children were with me and they ate tons of freshly shucked oysters and nice slabs of perfectly cooked prime rib. I have started the Nordic Lodge tradition with a second generation now. My kids are hooked and still talk about the feast.

The price is up there ($96 per adult), but everything is included except for any alcoholic drinks. I feel the quality and quantity is so exceptional that the price is worth it for a special occasion. If you have never tried it, you should. It's deep inside the woods, so you have to search for it.

My Nordic Lodge tips are...don't eat heavily before you go. I had breakfast, but passed on lunch that day. If you are paying $96, get your money's worth. Skip the alcohol and just have water or ice tea. The alcohol, especially beer, can fill you up. Go for the good stuff. Hit the lobster, clams, crab, oysters first. I skip any salads, breads, or veggies. They take up a lot of real estate in your stomach. Where your lobster bib, you'll need it. It's the appropriate uniform for the meal. Eat as much as you like, but don't eat so much you feel as if you will burst. If you are like most people, it's a long ride home to feel that uncomfortable.

Lisa B, Manager at Nordic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Wow ! Thank you for sharing such a kind and detailed review. Being family owned and operated for nearly 40 years offering the buffet, it can be challenging to keep it fresh for guests that have visited for so long. We are very glad you found our efforts successful. Hope to see you again soon.