“Pretty Good Italian that is a local favorite hangout”
Review of La Masseria

La Masseria
Reserve with OpenTable
La Masseria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen Street
Reviewed 21 May 2018

The food was generally quite good, although not up to the hype I had heard about the place. My colleague's whole filleted bronzino was terrific. My red snapper was just fairly good, not special (although both of these dishes were "specials" that night). The ricotta cheese cake was extremely good -- light but with enough flavor. Beef carpaccio was pretty good, but the cheese was just plopped on top of it. Wines were quite good. Service was friendly, maybe overly so. Way too loud in the upstairs room that otherwise seems to be the place to be. Interesting town, lots of small restaurants and shops along the street. You'll need to use the (very competent) valet parking.

1  Thank EagleEyeBoston

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I had heard from friends that they liked this restaurant but I was disappointed. The salads were fine, but the entrees were mediocre. I had the linguini with clams and my husband had the lobster pasta and they were both okay but not anything special. My almond chocolate cake was fine but my husband’s apple tart was lukewarm. The service was fine. One of the main issues was the noise. It is one thing to have a lively restaurant but another to have a place where you have to shout to communicate with your partner. Overall, this was a sub-par experience.

1  Thank MTR14
Reviewed 6 March 2018

A group of my friends (6 of us in total) reserved a table Valentine's Day weekend. We thought for sure there would be a back-up wait, even though we had a reservation but to our surprise, we were seated as soon as we walked in. Our server was great and the menu selections were all tempting. A few of the group had the halibut special and said it was to die for; others had Italian specialties and were equally pleased with the selection and presentation. Our drinks from the bar were great; I especially enjoyed the espresso martini. There were patrons in very casual clothing and some dressed up for a special occasion. I recommend this restaurant and will have dinner there again in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Sat outside last summer and watched all the comings and goings of all of the regulars. Fascinating. Order a fish special and it turned out to be very special. Excellent. Can see why so many people eat here regularly. Loved eating outside. Ate upstairs inside once but didn't enjoy it because of all the loud banging of kitchen door.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Great waiters, great atmosphere, great food. Won’t go back again over priced. Not buying furniture just steak.