“Beautiful Setting in the Heart of Jamestown”

Simpatico Jamestown
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Jamestown
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Simpatico is a dynamic fusion of fun, food + ambiance. Enjoy the bounty of fresh, quality ingredients re-thought in approachable, easy dishes that have won accolades from Gail Ciampa (Providence Journal), Yankee Magazine and Newport Life's readers. With convertible dining rooms on every level, outdoor splendor comes alive in our gardens, and indoor luxuries commonplace among beautiful natural settings. Our guests delight in our breezy, tree-filled oasis on a picturesque, island get-away.
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I have been to Simpatico Jamestown a few times now over the past few years and have had great experiences. Overall the food and service are good and the setting is amazing. The prices are fair for Jamestown/Newport and the value for food quality isn't too bad.
Simpatico does not take reservations and in the past I've waited 20-30mins for a table (Great excuse to sit at the bar and get pre-dinner drinks on a summer evening) Luckily this visit, we went on a rainy Thursday night in Sept. and had no wait. The service was very friendly and our waitress was very personable.
Starters: Ordered a bottle of Mark West Pinot Noir (it's one of our favorites and affordable here). We ordered the Curry mussels for an app. I loved the mussels, cooked perfectly and the curry sauce was amazing. I just wish there was more sauce! Also the bowl it was served in was square and made getting sauce/mussels at the bottom difficult. It was just strange and this was the first time I had to say something in a review about the plating.
Entrees: I was disappointed to see they had already switched to the fall menu as I was really hoping they would have the swordfish from their website menu (I'm still living in summer mode). My girlfriend on the other hand was very happy and ordered the Butternut squash ravioli. Instead of a traditional rich creamy dish it was a fresh lighter take on ravioli that we both loved. Very flavorful. My dish was the Shrimp Paella. The spice from the chourico made the entire dish. Large shrimp were cooked perfectly but unfortunately had little flavor. They need to be seasoned or cooked with the sausage before adding in. For me this was less of a traditional paella, more of a basic rice and shrimp dish. It was good, not great.
Dessert: The couple next to us ordered the Chocolate Sushi and naturally as sushi lovers we had to try it too. Very interesting and fun dessert! It was too sweet for us, but I'd recommend this just to try it. We want to go back and try the Lavender Brulee
Overall, I love Simpatico and will continue to go back for the overall atmosphere and consistent good quality food. If you are in Jamestown/Newport I recommend this for dates and outdoor dining.

1  Thank Justin P

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Upon arrival in Jamestown Simpatico was suggested. We sat at the upstairs bar and had drinks and appetizers - large size and really good. The locals gave us help as to where to eat and what to see.

1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

First time visitor to Newport and Simpatico. Won't be my last. The whole night was a terrific experience. We had a wait of about 30 minutes so we sat at the bar and drank a yummy bottle of rosé. The hostess made sure to give us a table with extra leg room so my tall husband would be comfortable. The service was excellent and the food delish. I wish I lived closer.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The set up for this venue is quite unique ...esp the multi level outdoor seating. very nice. We like to visit at least once a summer for that reason alone, knowing it is overpriced and food does not match the atmosphere. Our latest (and prob last) visit was to the bar on an avg volume nite. Do you know how some bartenders no matter how busy make things look so smooth. Not here!! despite not being overly busy both bartenders were obviously frazzled, inattentive and service and the relaxing atmosphere of restaurant suffered. Because of this we decided to finish our martinis and head to a different place for dinner. I asked my wife to remind me of this next time I suggest we visit.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We arrived at this restaurant,recalling being there five years ago. it was under new management and new looks! There are no reservations but they say normally sit you in 20 minutes. We approached the hostess and in minutes she had taken us to the best table you could have. I private deck by the roof bar facing street, bridge and entire grounds. Service was pleasant and fast . Foods was amazing. One of the Owners told us after dinner to feel at home and look around the entire place. Will go back again.