All reviews historic building fire pit hot tub across the street the cliff rooftop jacuzzi off season ocean view living room we stayed in a two bedroom toaster oven washer dryer flo's clam shack full kitchen fitness center short drive this past weekend
Reviewed 25 May 2018

My wife and I stayed in this hotel because it was convenient to meetings and events in Newport surrounding the Volvo Ocean Race stopover. Parking was ample and it is easy walking distance to Easton Beach. Couple of good family style restaurants in easy walking distance. The bar in the lobby was closed but that may have been due to the pre-Memorial Day low season.

We were placed in the old building. The room was small and extremely tight for the two queen beds installed. You could not easily walk between the end of the bed and the wall, distance was about 14". The ocean view was undeniable but through a small window that measured approximately 40" square. The bath was also tight and infested with small ants, that house keeping suppressed with "eco-friendly" bug spray.

Will not stay here again.

Room tip: Avoid the old building
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank K7885XCstevef
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter planned an overnight retreat for my 65th birthday. I had no idea where she was taking me, and that was part of the fun! We pulled into this hotel, after having driven a little more than 2 and 1/2 hours from NYC. It was lovely. We were way too early, so we explored the area, strolling 4.4 miles along the Cliff Walk. We put our feet in the sand, and even the ocean. (Very briefly- in April the water is still pretty cold.)Then we walked back to the hotel, and doors away, found a great clam shack to have lunch. We came back to the hotel, ready to explore it. We discovered that on the roof, was an outdoor hot tub and fire pit. And views of the lake and beach. So incredible! Also, we saw the indoor pool, hot tub, gym and spa. Not too shabby! We grabbed our swimsuits from our luggage, which the hotel was keeping safe for us, and spent some time languishing in the hot tub and lounge chairs. Then we went down to see our room. It wasn't ready yet, and past check-in time. So we waited about an hour in the lobby. We were compensated $25 for the inconvenience. Finally in the room- WOW! Worth the wait, it was a 1-bedroom fancy suite like one of the nicest apartments you have ever seen.Large bedroom with lake view, dining area with open terrace and Lakeview. Full modern kitchen and even a living room area. And a jetted whirlpool bathtub!(Perfect except that the shower faucet handle came off in our hands, but it popped back on.) Despite the couple of little glitches, I would totally go back there again. It was really wonderful uncorking my birthday champagne while overlooking the water:) Thanks Elyse, you are the best daughter a mom could ever want!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Carol N
srnhg, Manager at Newport Beach Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for being our guest at Newport Beach Hotel and Suites and providing your feedback. We appreciate you spending your birthday with us! We are pleased to hear that our hotel and amenities met/exceeded your expectations.

It sounds like you were able to experience everything the hotel and area has to offer! The Cliff Walk is a beautiful place to start your overnight retreat and we are happy you were able to relax in our roof deck hot tub before check in. We sincerely apologize for the delayed check in time and issue with the shower faucet. We will be reviewing those aspects of your stay with the hotel manager so we can continually work to improve to make each stay better.

We hope you will make us part of your annual Birthday celebration! We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Newport, RI.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I had a Groupon which had expired. They allowed me to use it, and I wonder why on earth I waited so long. It was, from the first touch, the best massage I have ever had. The spa is tiny but clean and convenient, and the masseuse was intuitive and absolutely wonderful. 100% recommend!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great time. Staff was very friendly and helpful on different places to eat. Pool and Jacuzzi were very clean. Stayed in the suites. Nice size rooms with all the amenities. Love the Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mel3kids2015
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We booked for a 2 bedroom suite in the Historic building but we were upgraded to the new building. Wow, what a great room. Spacious 2 bedroom, with king beds, 2 full baths, huge living room, kitchen with a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, washer/dryer, stove, and great views. Outdoor jacuzzi was great, even with 35 degree weather. Parking spaces were a little on the sparse side, though.

Date of stay: March 2018