“a seafood lover's place”
Review of Flo's Clam Shack

Flo's Clam Shack
Ranked #10 of 87 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I love fried clams! No clam strips for me. Flo's has the best of all that I have eaten. No heavy grease, just crispy clams and french fries. If you sit upstairs, you get a view of the ocean.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Such a great little place! You can get fried seafood, broiled seafood Hamburg or prime rib! Fried shrimp was excellent- very light batter. French fries were to die for! Up top has cool memorabilia hanging on the ceiling. Fries crab cakes...YUM. Perfect "clam shack" and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

I flew in from Atlanta and my friend (who lives in Boston) asked me what I wanted for lunch...and I replied...would love some fried clams...I know just the place she said...and next thing you know I'm eating the most delicious fried clams ever! We ordered from downstairs and took our food upstairs and ate at the bar where the wine selection is better. This was my first visit but certainly not my last. Great service and delicious food!

Reviewed 2 September 2016

This was recommended by another reviewer. We ordered the fried clams. they were lightly breaded and fried to perfection. The woman who took the order was very nice. We did not eat there, we took ours to the beach to eat.

There was a long line for ordering. Go early or go very late:-)

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Last year we swore we wouldn't ever go back, but we thought we'd try one more time. Mistake!

The fried clams taste pretty good, but it's difficult to get the grease out of your throat after eating them. Also way too much salt!

This has to be the most unhealthy food in the USA.

Never again!