“Excellent Lunch”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our menu both intrigues and comforts with an interesting blend of rustic classics and purely creative dishes. Stylish but unpretentious, Our pub and wine bar offers a lively setting perfect for fun cocktails after work. With 36 drafts on tap, over 25 wines by the glass and many creative cocktails there is no lack of choices. Oh! don't forget live music on Friday and Saturday nights including 7 flat screens for your sporting needs. Our dining rooms are perfect for an intimate dinner or a gathering place for family and friends. For larger parties we have several elegant private rooms accommodating up to 140 people.
Reviewed 21 April 2018

My wife and I stopped for lunch after walking out to Rome Point to observe the seals. This was our first time. I had the French Onion Soup (Excellent) followed by a Caesar Salad (Very Good). My wife had an excellent Cobb Salad.

We each ordered a glass of wine and here is where I knock off a point. The wine itself was excellent, however, it was served in a very cheap glass dulling the experience somewhat. I expect a higher quality experience from a "Wine Bar."

Prices were very reasonable considering the quality of the food.

Service was spot on.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We visited Sonoma for a Saturday night early dinner. The reception was very friendly for two who had no reservation. While we found the wine selection wanting from the perspective that the restaurant was called a wine bar we found a Malbec we had not tried. Our waitress spoke so loudly that one would think she thought we had a hearing problem. My husband asked for water and she brought one glass of water, for him only. This level of mediocre service continued with leaving empty plates o the table for long enough that another staff walking by cleared the table in time for our entree to be delivered. She checked in once and we did not see her again until after another staff saw that we were finished and offered to box up food to go. Service was poor, she spoke too loudly causing us to feel very uncomfortable. We will not choose this spot again. For the menu prices I would have expected finer service. Too bad as the food was very tasty.

Christian and K... L, Owner at Sonoma Bistro & WineBar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Good Afternoon-

We do apologize for your server speaking so loudly....Your server has a hearing issue, I believe the added level of noise due to the Irish band playing made it much louder and may have effected her level of speaking. I will be more mindful of keeping an ear out for her. I also apologize that it took longer to clear dishes between courses, we all worked as hard as we could with the amount of people out for the St Patrick's Day night events. We do however always work as a team to clear with the servers. I hope that you will try us again on a more normal night. As busy as we can be any night, St Patrick's day can be a tricky one. I hope you will decide to return and ask for me...Kerrie ......my husband and I are the owners. I am around almost every night of the week. We are not a White table cloth fine dining spot, however we want everyone to feel comfortable in our Friendly upscale casual eatery. Please, I hope to have the chance to make you feel comfortable on your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your experience.

Kerrie

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Went with a friend to catch up. The food was wonderful and the staff was pleasant. She was great about letting us gab, but all are needs were taken care of. Will be back!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Fabulous! Always consistent, love their specials and service. Too many favorites to mention.Will continue to be a regular.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

There with a group for lunch. Ate in the bar area which is nice. Menu is extensive with something for everyone. Had the tuna with aioli sandwich. Fish was cooked perfectly, rare. Aioli sauce was perfect.

Christian and K... L, Owner at Sonoma Bistro & WineBar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Thank you Matthew. We all work very hard to make every visit memorable in the best possible way and our staff loves the positive feedback. We all look forward to seeing you again. Happy Holiday's!