“This place is great!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Hanson's Pub
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I've read some of the past reviews and can say, with certainty, that the new management and staff will change the nay-sayers minds. My husband and I stopped in for lunch on their first day of the season. Of course, the view is the same, but that's about all that remains from previous experiences. As a lifelong Rhode Islander, I've tried a lot of chowder and their New England clam chowder is the best I've ever had! The staff is wonderful - very attentive and friendly - and the food was delicious. It was a nice touch when the chef came out to ask if we enjoyed our meal. We'll definitely be back!

3  Thank amdancer

Reviewed 4 September 2012

An attractive building, cool carved sign, neat bar, two outdoor dining spaces, a gorgeous setting…harbor side, bay view, charming marina, plenty of parking, convenient to Route 1. Perfect, right? Well, not quite. We keep going back because at least a few of our party will enjoy his/her meal and it is fairly close to our summer home. We’ve had one of the best and generously packed lobster rolls ever, but nothing guarantees the next one will be as good. Inconsistency is the theme here. The help is sweet, young and mostly untrained. Yes, there is a difference between a soup spoon and a teaspoon and it shouldn’t be up to the customer to ask for one. I have never seen anyone come out of the kitchen…host, owner, chef, cook, whatever. A creative executive chef or owner who truly cares could turn this place around and make it a true destination gem.

1  Thank moimoi184
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The view of Salt Pond is wonderful, if you are going just for cocktails, even better. The food is nothing to travel for. Ordered shrimp cocktail and they must have taken out of freezer and put in microwave. They did put on ice, but they were warm and chewey when we received them. Main dish was bland. No complaints about wait staff.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Went here with my husband and two kids after spending the day (7/14/12) at the beach. We thought the food was very good. My husband got the fish and chips and I had the fish sandwich. Both were crispy and fresh and not oily tasting like some fried fish can be. My son (8) had a burger which was cooked perfectly - juicy the way he likes it and he ate the whole thing! My daughter (5) had the grilled cheese and it looked so good that I had to have a bite. Probably the best grilled cheese I've ever had. My daughter and I also split a bowl of clam chowder. I was disappointed at first because it was very thin broth, not a creamy chowder. However, it was loaded with clams and the broth was very flavorful. The service was average. At first I thought she forgot about us because we were seated outside but overall ok.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

What more can I say - the food is overpriced and I do believe the restaurant is run by a bunch of 20 year olds! The only positive thing I can say is you can't beat the view!

1  Thank Debioct