“Hidden gem!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Hanson's Pub
Reviewed 15 September 2013

New menu, great flood for a reasonable price. New manager. Awesome views, looking forward to coming back. How many Restaurants are on the water in southern RI, not many, hidden gem!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We've tried all of the various iterations of this local spot for many years...mainly because the location is ideal. You feel like you're dining on a boat, looking out over the Salt Pond, and it's always entertaining watching the action at the boat ramp nearby. We stopped by on a Saturday evening to sample this newest version, and came away wondering how long it will last. The menu is a mixture of tried and true pub selections, with a very limited list of entrees. This restaurant isn't about fine dining. The burgers were average, but tasty. Requests for 'medium' cheeseburgers were served with barely pink interiors. The fries were borderline soggy, but again, tasty. The service was friendly and efficient, although there were few tables occupied at 6 PM. The bar looked well-stocked, and was starting to fill up as we left.
We'll return to listen to the weekend musical entertainment (Starts at 8PM Fri-Sat, 3PM Sun), and to enjoy the view over a few drinks. Perhaps we'll sample a few more items from the menu, and hope this version of Hanson's last past Labor Day.

1  Thank Jerry S
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Wow...what a change from what it used to be. The "NEW Management" has done a terrific job. Please don't read the "OLD" reviews. The place looks fantastic and food is terrific and so is the new staff. The place has been cleaned up. Please give it another try. My husband and I have already been back at least 5 times. We have been for lunch, dinner,and drinks downstairs at the bar while there was entertainment. Even the entertainment we heard on a recent Sunday afternoon was great. Give Hanson's a try and if you visited in the past, please give it another try. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Joan M
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The new menu was definitely a step up from the previous menu (especially their chowder) but more importantly the service was 5 star! My husband and I have been dining @ Hanson's for years and were pleasantly surprised by the completely different atmosphere. They get our 2 thumbs up!

3  Thank rhodeislandr
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I've read some of the past reviews and can say, with certainty, that the new management and staff will change the nay-sayers minds. My husband and I stopped in for lunch on their first day of the season. Of course, the view is the same, but that's about all that remains from previous experiences. As a lifelong Rhode Islander, I've tried a lot of chowder and their New England clam chowder is the best I've ever had! The staff is wonderful - very attentive and friendly - and the food was delicious. It was a nice touch when the chef came out to ask if we enjoyed our meal. We'll definitely be back!

3  Thank amdancer