“It's Complicated”

Atlantic Sports Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Tiverton
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Every Bar in Every City has Cold Beers, Fun Times and Friendly Faces But There Aren't a Lot of Places That Have Food Like This!!!
Reviewed 10 December 2016

Just back from the Atlantic.

This is a great Bar on the underbelly of Fall River. And I do not mean that in a bad way.

A large, great Neighborhood Bar and Restaurant. But this is a tough neighborhood. This is Fall Reve.
This place is more authentic than a catfight.
The food was amazing. The beer is cold.
I would not even think of asking for a wine.

There is a biker guy with a snow white beard 3 times bigger than his head sittting 3 stools away. He is drinking expresso.
The waitresses all seem to take turns smiling at me.

This is a sports bar. The TV's are from the turn of the century.
The menu is extensive. There are two menus. More things than I can read about to eat. I really feel comfortable, invisible.
Do NOT dress foe dinner.
I was doing boat penance so I am down.

The cute girls tending bar dance to the live music. While working, discreetly. They are having fun.
I am on my second beer and finally finished reading the menus. (did not use phone flashlight)
I like this place now. It is steeped in working man's older troublesome sons Bar. and restaurant.
A great restaurant. Eat in the bar.
I ordered a cup of Portuguese soup and Liver and Onions. (special's menu).

They do not give you anything except what you order.
Colorful crowd is quaint.
I am conspicuously un-tatood. And after 5 years I have never found a more genuine friendliness than in downtown Fall River. and elsewhere around.
The Atlantic Spo'tsbah has fine cooking. This is roadhouse food at its finest. The chefs are slinging out food that is great.
The Liver and onions was the best I have ever tasted. Sliced very thin and sauteed briefly. The perfect french fries soaked up the rare liver juices.
I sat stunned -- at simple and good . Truly refreshing. I liked this sports spot I just found. I am coming back for a Patriots Game.

Their Hooded sweatshirt has three skulls on it.
I am not sure I can pull it off.

1  Thank awaterguy

Reviewed 1 December 2016

We absolutely love this place. The chicken mosambique is by far, the best I've ever had, and what's even better than that is the owner/chef's truly inspired new twists on old classics that are a welcome switch to the same old, same old. Chicken mosambiqe pizza, delicious! The mosambique tower...incredible! Clam chowder bites, that are every bit a delightful little bite of clam chowder in a poppable little breaded bite size ball of awesome! Everything I've ever tried at the Atlantic, from our go-to chicken, to the pork with little necks has been cooked to perfection and never skimping on flavor.
The service here is outstanding. Everyone is always very friendly and personable from the very first time we visited. We are always seated promptly and even though every dish is cooked fresh to order (as stated in the menu), it never takes too long to come out. The owner is always present and make sure to spend time in the dining area checking in on everyone, getting to know his guests, and making sure everyone is enjoying themselves.
We have had a very positive dining experience every time we have visited, have brought back family and friends and will continue to do so. After having moved out of the area, we still make the drive at least once a month to visit the Atlantic. Keep it up guys, you're doing a great job :-).

1  Thank Megan S
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Food is always excellent, wide variety, and great service from the bartenders . Great place to wind down during the week or party on the weekend.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

This is the only restaurant around that everyone in my family can agree on because they have a great selection on the menu. The prime rib on the weekend is excellent. We have been several times and have not been disappointed.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Good local food. Portuguese influence. Can be noisy. Good for a reasonable price meal. Good sized plates. Mixed decor. Larger dining area not that great for seating and atmosphere