“Always delicious”

The Admiral English Pub
Ranked #24 of 67 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Great little restaurant. Delicious food. Try the Zippy Shrimp or the pizza with clams! Yum! Always a favorite Togo to when I go back home to visit my family!

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Nice little place, a la pub! The drinks were good, service efficient and very nice server. I only base my "average" rating because of the food. I ordered fish & chips, which is a standard in New England. Their standard tarter sauce (I LOVE tarter sauce and when it runs out, I stop eating!) but The Admiral's take on it is to have it spicy. I don't eat spicy, nor do I expect it with this standard comfort food! The were kind enough to make up a more standard batch, which was .... ok. The fish was just ok as well....way more fish than batter and really, I prefer a bit more thin piece of fish to have batter with every bite. Clearly, this is all just my preference. You may love it the way it is!!!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Small intimate type bar, not sure why its called "English" pub, i didn't see any sign of anything British on the menu or in the beer selection apart from half a Union Jack flag....
That being said, the food was pretty good, its generally American style with a hint of european flavor, the burger was well cooked and served on a Portuguese Bolo roll, for those of us who didn't know what this is, its kind of a flat looking muffin roll that tastes nothing like a muffin but is actually very good and doesn't fill you up as much as a traditional burger roll.
I had curly fries, i'd pass on these next time, too thin so they ended up being too crunchy, my friend got the hand cut chips that were chunky and looked really good. Other selections were sweet potato fires and shoestrings.
My friend also got the chicken marsala sandwich, that also looked very good served on a pita bread, sandwich style.
Prices were reasonable and off course, looking out on to the water is always nice.
Service was outstanding, our server was so friendly and helpful, a real pleasure to meet her!.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 14 April 2016

Our waitress was horrid! We had never been to the Admiral Pub and were looking forward to a great meal after reading all the wonderful reviews. Our waitress was not friendly or attentive at all. But I can get over that if everything else is right and the waitress is at least competent. I asked for iced tea and she looked at me and said "oh I don't know if we have tea" I thought to myself you don't know?? Ok, fine I will have water. We ordered our food, my husband ordered the scrod and I ordered a salad. My salad was ok but I thought my husband's scrod was very good and it came with some sauteed cabbage that was out of this world! So I asked the waitress if I could have a side of cabbage and she said to me "oh I don't know" Again I thought you don't know?? The hostess was standing next to me so I looked at her and I said is she "new" and she said "no". At some point, I get the cabbage and it is not at all like the cabbage my husband had and I asked why and she said oh they sauteed it like they do the vegetables. I did not know how you wanted it cooked. I thought have you ever thought to ask your customer?? Usually, a waitress asks how you want something cooked but then I had just had my husbands and I told her how wonderful it was--so you would have thought she could figure it out???? No, not this lady, she did not ask so I assume she did not care. I said I am sorry but this has vinegar and I did not want that so I would rather not eat it. She left it on the table and then brought us our check and said I did not take the cabbage off the bill since we made it and it is only 2.50!! I was dumbstruck. Oh ok, I said. My husband said we are never coming back here ever again. Now I am pissed not because of the cost but because she failed to ask me how I wanted it cooked ( I have never been here before and she should know her menu or when in doubt ask?) this is her incompetence and I am paying? Nor did she say anything remotely like I am so sorry I should have asked can I have them remake this for you? But she did say "next time you should order the Panko Scrod"!!! THERE WILL NOT BE A NEXT TIME.

Date of visit: April 2016
2  Thank Suzanne N
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Only went in for a few drinks and I must say both the establishment and bar tender were very attentive. Drinks were very good, not watered down. Perfect.

Date of visit: November 2015