“Pleasant astmosphere, very good food and will visit again.”
Review of El Nuevo Vallarta - CLOSED

El Nuevo Vallarta
Reviewed 5 March 2017

This was our first experience for our party of four eating at Nuevo Vallarta. Formerly Tavern 46 was at this location. It was renovated and opened as a Mexican restaurant several months ago. The dining room and bar area is large, open and inviting with very pleasant ambiance. Visiting on a Saturday night it was busy, but not crowded, and we got seated right away. There was large waitstaff presence and they were incredibly attentive, but some of them seemed to be in training and needing guidance. We were given a regular menu and when asked about the absence of seafood, given a seafood menu, but it was all in Spanish ... then it took some effort to get one in English. While some items seemed a bit expensive, I ordered a $10.99 combination plate, (which had lots of options), choosing a burrito, enchilada and chile relleno, and it was very tasty. My wife picked a walnut and fruit stuffed pepper with walnut sauce and loved it. Our friends both had a fajita dinner ... the steak and chicken fajita was highly praised but there was a comment that the shrimp fajita's shrimp were over cooked. The chips and salsa were average. I ordered a Black Russian and got a White Russian but didn't complain and it was very good. The Happy Hour lasted until 7PM so drinks were very reasonably priced, a Margarita was only $5.00. Our seats were padded and that is good for me!! Overall, we enjoyed our meals and would return again.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

We went here for lunch. Great atmosphere. Nice bar. Upscale decor. Friendly & professional service. Outdoor seating. Chips & salsa - good. Even though we didn't order drinks, the drink menu looked yummy.We ordered chicken tacos, which were very good and authentic. We also got the veggie wrap, which was black beans, rice, pico de gallo, avocado & cheese wrapped in a fresh lettuce wrap. It was really good as well. We will be back.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

We stopped for lunch while out shopping. Restaurant is fairly new to this location. The restaurant was refurbished and had a southwest theme. A good number of the chairs are bar-type stools and not great for the older generation, however there are lower chairs available.

My first impression of a good Mexican-type restaurant is their salsa and chips. We found the salsa to be good, but would have preferred warm chips. The chips were crunchy, however. We found the menu to be a bit pricey for this type of food. We settled on the combination plates and found the food to be good. I would have preferred to have sour cream with my quesadilla, but there was enough sauce from the burrito to make it eatable.

I think the family should stick to what they know best - southwest food. Instead the menu consisted of french fries, salad and pizza. The child's menu looked very kid-friendly.

I heard from friends that their meal was less than satisfactory with watery salsa, and poor service. Our service on the other hand was great. I think with any new restaurant they might have growing pains, but let's hope that they learn from the public what to do better.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Atmosphere is fine, service was over attentive if anything. Food left a lot to be desired. I had the Cuban sub, menu said leg of pork, chicken, sausage, and ham. Never found any pork or sausage, unless you count a freaking hot dog as sausage and leg of pork.
Wife had fish tacos, passable but not worth $10.99. The Cuban sub was $13, came with curly fries (is that Mexican?), which were good. Chips and salsa were maybe passable, but the chips tasted like they were cooked yesterday, and salsa was thin and runny, wouldn't stick to a chip. Cannot imagine going back. Somebody bring back Montana's, please!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Went to lunch today and I had a combo of chicken and cheese enchiladas which came with rice and beans. My husband had the daily special, pork carnitas with rice and beans. The chips and salsa was tasty so we expected our food would be delish. However, when my plate was set in front of me I was shocked at the presentation. Pureed black beans, yuck, rice had a terrible taste and both enchiladas were inedible. My husband's pork was fatty and again, weird flavors. Service is good, music at lunch delightful but food was truly disgusting!