Review Highlights
Classy yet comfortable

This Distillery has it all. High end, comfortable, come as you are atmosphere. The tastings and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
JODYN3
The Villages, Florida
via mobile
Great stop to try some spirits

If you enjoy spirits, this is a place to go. They have a good variety of drinks that you can try... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Jane P

All reviews bloody mary the sweet potato pie bluffton area live music moonshine tasting history church town
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2021

Burnt Church Distillery is beautifully designed and the drinks are superb. My favorite part of the distillery is experiencing the history and stories behind their drinks and the charitable component connected to every purchase. You can't beat a good drink, a superbly designed bottle, and a good cause!

1  Thank kiaewill
Reviewed 5 April 2021

This is not a bar to get smashed at, but this place was smashing! You will get three ounces of spirits. You can get tastings or cocktails or a combination of both. I highly recommend the Steel Magnolia. It was sweet and crisp. I didn't see a Bloody Mary on the menu, but a drink specialist overheard me ask about one, and he made me one I will never forget. It was amazing! I used my remaining ounce to taste the pear vodka and 3 of the moonshines. I went home with the Bloody Mary moonshine and the pear and cucumber vodkas. My friend went home with the Chocolate Raspberry moonshine. We sipped it on a beach walk during our Hilton Head vacay. It warmed up us and did not give us a headache the next day. To me that is because these are well crafted spirits. We had a chance to chat with a drink specialist there and he explained the process to us and was very knowledgeable and excellent at his craft. Everyone working there was friendly and helpful. It just made the overall experience so nice! We had kids with us, but they were allowed to hang out in the front with one of the adults and then we were able to all sit outside together. The kids were able to enjoy a pizza from next door as well. Make sure to stop and read about the interesting history as well in the front. I am looking forward to making more Bloody Marys at home. The spirits made a great vacation souvenir!

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 2 April 2021

What an addition to the city of Bluffton! It's truly breathtaking and no detail was left behind. I especially love that the history of Burnt Church is incorporated into your experience once you enter the building. I'm not a bourbon drinker but had the sweet potato pie cocktail and have sampled the moonshines. All extremely tasty! Such a great place to bring out of town guests!

Reviewed 27 March 2021

Building is beautiful and there's a wide variety of drinks to taste. I'm not a huge whisky drinker so I stuck to vodka and moonshine, but all 4 I tried were delicious. The sweet potato pie one was probably the most surprising - it legitimately tasted like sweet potato pie. Gift shop had really nice items and very reasonably priced. Fun stop if you're in area.

1  Thank daniarwen
Reviewed 24 March 2021

This is such a great addition to Bluffton. I'm so happy they have incorporated so many historical pieces here. It definitely makes it more than a place to come have a drink. It's an experience. Can't wait to bring our out of town guests with us next time!

Date of experience: February 2021