“An authentic, no-frills Mexican restaurant that's like eating in Mexico.”
Review of La Huasteca

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Huasteca
Ranked #79 of 209 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 April 2015

The green salsa is wonderfully spicy. Their take on enchiladas will surprise you. They don't always have chiles rellenos, but they are worth having when available. I may be out on a limb here, but I really liked their higado encebollado. This is a great lunch place, popular with a local Latino crowd.

Reviewed 30 March 2015 via mobile

Female Chef and owner 'Tommy' works hard to bring Bluffton authenic Mexican food. Tiny place and very simple atmosphere. She operates from an open kitchen. I had a mixed fajita and ChileRe - all good. This is the only place to find Menudo soup --- ask before you order. Price was also good. We will come back.

Reviewed 11 March 2015

I have been eating mexican food made by Mexicans in So. Cal. for 55 years. in my opinion this is overpriced "street" food like you would find in tijauna mexico.

1  Thank parwaygary
Reviewed 28 January 2015

The chips with guacamole or salsa as well as the chicken burrito and steak tostada were excellent. The decor is nothing fancy but the food more than makes up for it. I plan to eat there the next time I'm the area.

Reviewed 9 January 2015 via mobile

Stopped in after reading the great reviews. Was not disappointed. Very fresh and made to order. The guacamole and salsa are fabulous. I had the soft tacos with chicken, cilantro and onions. My husband had the hard tacos with chicken, lettuce, tomato and cheese. Both styles were exceptional. The owners are very friendly and seem truly happy to see you come in the door. We live in Beaufort and do not like any of the Mexican restaurants in town. So glad we found La Huasteca! It is worth the drive over!