Lowest prices for your stay
US$127
View deal
Free cancellation until 09/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$127
PricelineUS$135
2,983 results
All reviews historic district room was clean within walking distance excellent location park your car meeting street city market king street downtown battery
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

We have occasionally stayed at this chain over the years when we wanted a fairly inexpensive hotel. Not anymore.

Pros:
The location is great. Downtown hotel on a major street. Easy to find. Near the harbor, City Market for tons of vendors selling all kinds of items, restaurants, stores, tours.

Cons:
Hotel has not been updated in a long time. $20 per day parking fee we were not told about when making the reservation.
Outside stair railings were gritty and dirty. Stairs needed to be swept daily. Walkways between the 2 buildings were dark or had little lighting.
The room was small with 2 double beds, desk and chair, TV-dresser-microwave-refrigerator combo, luggage rack, nightstand between the beds, a clothing rod next to the sink and a very tiny bathroom.
The refrigerator was warm.
The phone did not work, it was dead. Luckily we had cell phones. I did go to the main desk and tell the clerk but it was never replaced or repaired.
On one bed, there was a blood stain on the pillowcase. Nasty!
The toilet and bathtub were separate from the sink. The plaster on the walls was cracked and the paint was chipping. Baseboards were dirty. Killed 2 bugs on the wall.
The sink area was small. There was a blood smear on the outlet plate left from a previous guest. I cleaned it.
When checking in, the 2 clerks were slow to help me and I stood there several minutes before being helped. When I checked out the 2 clerks were very friendly. I told them about the dead phone and they immediately put in a service request.
We stayed here because it was several hundred dollars less than nearby hotels. I guess you get what you paid for. Never again!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Management, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Learning about your recent stay is highly disappointing and we apologize for marring your experience in Charleston. I will undoubtedly be using your valuable feedback as a teachable moment with our team to ensure we do not fall short for you again. While I certainly appreciate your frustration, I hope for another opportunity to regain your trust and offer the flawless trip you deserve, Linda!

Reviewed 9 August 2021

We stayed at Days Inn by Wyndham for 2 nights August 1st-August 3rd,.
We arrived early morning and we were greeted warmly by Naquan (sorry if I misspelled the name). He seemed to be handling everything at the front desk with ease and professionalism. He was admitting and discharging people, handling administrative duties as well as training staff. He was courteous and actually let us check in early. We got some great recommendations from him as far as tours to take and they turned out to be right on point.
The hotel location was perfect. We parked our car and walked around the beautiful city of Charleston with ease. The room was what you would expect from an average "motel". Yes the bathroom probably needed a little TLC I.E. paint peeling on the walls but otherwise o.k.
The only reason I gave this motel 2 stars as opposed to 3 stars was because when I woke up Tuesday morning i had a multitude of bites on my body. My back(about 5 bites), posterior neck( about 8 bites), right arm(about 8 bites). left hip (3 bites), left cheek (3 bites) and right side of face (3 bites). I like to give the benefit of the doubt so I don't believe in assuming anything. I tried to tell myself they were mosquito bites. The pattern of the bites were quite concerning though so I left my luggage in my garage and went to see a dermatologist in the a.m. The dermatologist confirmed that it was definitely NOT mosquito bites but indeed bed bug bites.
I have tried to reach Michael (the manager ) on several occasions to no avail. I finally left a message on Friday and Saturday for a return call but have not heard back from him to date. My message stated it was about guest safety.
I spoke to Naquan on Saturday alerting him of my findings and asked him if he could close room 142 which was the room we stayed in. He assured me that the building manager was alerted and would make sure the room was exterminated.
I basically wanted to make sure no one underwent what I went through because if you don't act on bed bugs It could have disastrous effects. Bed bugs are hard to get rid of and maybe replacing the mattresses in addition to exterminating might help .

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank CeliaPR
Hotel Management, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

We are overjoyed to read that our team's southern hospitality left a lasting impression and I will surely thank them for their knowledge and assistance, especially Naquan. I hope you checked out the carriage tours as they are my favorite way to explore the town! However, it is disheartening to learn of your trip otherwise and we sincerely apologize for this occurrence. Our hotel has strict policies for these matters and as Naquan mentioned I am sure this has been resolved. I definitely will ensure this is handled swiftly and we hope for the chance to offer a more seamless stay from start to finish one day in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2021

Very expensive for what you get. Would have been worth it if it was $49/night. Dirty Shower, dingy room. Pool was not open, breakfast was not open, no coffee, ice machines did not work. I can't find anything good to say about this place except for its location.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel Management, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2021

We agree that our location is ideal for exploring the best spots in Charleston and we thank you for your valuable feedback. I can appreciate your frustration as we are continually improving and restoring to normalcy during these challenging times. Please accept our apologies for any oversights as this does not sound typical. I hope you will allow us the chance to improve your perception one day soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2021

Hotel is in a great location but needs to be updated. Very old and run down. The pool was broken and empty. Had to change rooms once due to broken toilet. Just because it is in the historic district does not mean it can’t be updated!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel Management, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

We are grateful for your valuable feedback as we strive to be the best for our guests. I certainly will take your concerns and discuss them further with our team to see how we can do better! All of us are confident we can improve your perception in the future!

Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

First of all, we have stayed at this property before. The location and price is perfect! Our room was clean and cool. However, I it was super loud this time, even with the air on 24/7! We had a room facing the street and I could hear a cart either from housekeeping or the cafe next door super early in the morning and it was annoying.

I read that a renovation is happening! It is needed. Please update windows. We will give this property another chance, especially since the renovation is happening.

Room tip: On-site parking $ WiFi is not the best
Trip type: Travelled as a couple