9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Renaissance HotelsUS$359
Booking.comUS$359
Hotels.comUS$359
PricelineUS$359
Agoda.comUS$359
Trip.comUS$409
All reviews front desk great location parking garage across the street charleston historic district marriott property self parking within walking distance king street rooftop pool modern hotel shopping and restaurants fitness center long weekend king room every staff member central location beautiful city
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2021

We spent 4 nights here on our first visit to Charleston. We have no complaints. Although there was no housekeeping if we called for towels they were at the door before we could put out the dirty towels! Everyone we interacted with was friendly and pleasant. We found the location perfect for anywhere we wanted to walk to, I wish we wouldn’t have rented a car as it wasn’t used much. As I’m an early morning person I would go out for long walks while my husband slept in. This is a great town for morning walks. We found the room to be attractive and had everything we needed. I wish the towels were a bit thicker and softer but certainly not a deal breaker.

Breakfast from Handy and Hot was very good and the staff working there was also very pleasant. There is nothing wrong with a good biscuit in the morning!

We are already booked for a repeat visit in October for a couple of nights.

Date of stay: June 2021
robert morgan, General Manager at Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2021

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and you had the chance to discover Charleston. The feedback provided is helpful as we continually work to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back in October!

Reviewed 13 August 2021

I'll be honest - I was baffled about where to stay when I went to Charleston - after reading multiple reviews of a number of properties - I was even more confused - so I called the property - they so impressed me that I decided to give it a try. Their Southern hospitality was world class. The room - while on the smaller side - was charming and comfortable - the hotel was clean and quaint. Their staff, though - they win world class. Beginning with the bellman - to the reception desk - to the wonderful little breakfast place with the folderovers (Handy & Hot) - I will stay there again when the opportunity arises - in the heart of Historic Charleston - it is a gem!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We pride ourselves on providing true southern hospitality I am thrilled you had the chance to experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2021

The hotel was perfect. The staff super polite and welcoming. The bed was a little squeaky but other than that the room was a great size. The pool was a nice amenity however could use an umbrella or two for some shade.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We are continually looking for ways to improve the property, this feedback is very helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2021

Beautiful hotel with a highly sought after restaurant on site but in the heart of King St and all the shopping and dining that King St entails. Great staff to help with accommodations and suggestions. We really enjoyed talking each day with Jay C who always greeted us with a smile, small talk and good conversation upon our return to the property or on our way out.

Date of stay: August 2021

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate you taking the time to specifically recognize Jay on our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2021

Meeting Jay C. at the door each day is truly a welcoming experience. I can't say enough about how much he goes out of his way to welcome you and makes them feel like true special guest! Besides the location I really do not know of anything else special about this hotel. Even though I requested a 3PM check-in, (2) extra bath towels, and a feather pillow when making the reservation none of these requests happened. Also there is no valet or room service. I just think for a luxury hotel items like this should not be missed.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Nick Norton, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Thank you for providing the feedback about Jay and the service he provided, he truly is a great ambassador for our property. Thank you again staying with us and taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are working to return our valet and room services shortly and I am truly sorry that we did not meet and exceed your expectations with us. Please reach out to me directly at Nick.Norton@aimhosp.com so I can follow up accordingly with to ensure the right steps are taken to prevent issues like these from occurring in the future.

Nick Norton