“Very Good Pizza”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Queen St
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I really liked this restaurant. It is located in a beautifully restored building that is visually very interesting and it does fine job with casual food. We tried the hush puppies and fried green tomatoes appetizers and were very pleased. We also ordered the pepperoni and sausage pizza and found that to be very good as well. The thin crust pizza was very crispy and chewy - just the way I like it and the tomato sauce was excellent - not bitter and not too sweet. This is delightful, casual restaurant in a city full of great food.

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

I have to say, I was disappointed in the food here. The barbecue was completely mediocre and so was the service. The building is a cool building, and it is centrally located. There are much better options for great barbecue in downtown Charleston!

Reviewed 18 September 2016

The Southend Brewery is a fantastic stop for terrific micro brew and whatever you can handle for lunch.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

We split a pulled pork platter and a burger- they've got huge serving sizes. In fact, we couldn't even finish all the food they set in front of us! Their barbecue sauce tasted awesome and the meat was well-cooked and tender. Also, they have the best steak fries I've ever had (and that's coming from someone who's had plenty of experience with fries). Our waiter was very nice to us and the service was quick, but that's probably because we had an early dinner (around 5 pm). It's in a great location though, and easy to find.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Brought my wife and daughter here for a quick lunch at one of my old college haunts. The food was great (amazing fries), and the beer was good. Got the last of their in house brew before they switched over to brewing small batch Lagunitas in house.