“Fantastic!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Queen St
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

This place had the best Southern food that we had in Charleston! Forget the overhyped places with lines outside - especially that disappointing Jestine's - and head for the brewery. The artichoke dip and crab cakes were to die for. Service was perfect too!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

We stopped here the first night we arrived because it was late and an easy walk to our hotel. We were so surprised by the quality of food. I was expecting bar food at best but my Mom enjoyed a pork tenderloin and I enjoyed the pulled pork platter. Both were melt in your mouth tender. Good selection of beer & alcohol too!

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Nothing exciting here! We ordered many small plates to share for lunch. It seems that the whole town eats mainly fried foods, this gets tiresome. We had a decent lunch but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I really liked this restaurant. It is located in a beautifully restored building that is visually very interesting and it does fine job with casual food. We tried the hush puppies and fried green tomatoes appetizers and were very pleased. We also ordered the pepperoni and sausage pizza and found that to be very good as well. The thin crust pizza was very crispy and chewy - just the way I like it and the tomato sauce was excellent - not bitter and not too sweet. This is delightful, casual restaurant in a city full of great food.

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

I have to say, I was disappointed in the food here. The barbecue was completely mediocre and so was the service. The building is a cool building, and it is centrally located. There are much better options for great barbecue in downtown Charleston!