Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charleston
US$319
  • Pool
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$451/night.

US$249
  • Restaurant
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
US$239
US$126
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$178
  • Restaurant
Harbourview Inn(Charleston)
US$319
US$309
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Church Street Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$99
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$188
US$169
  • Breakfast included
SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$127
All reviewsfull size fridgeindoor poolliving areasofa bedstay there againking suiteyogurtcontinental breakfastlucillekitchenettedowntown
Reviewed 4 May 2018

3. Hawthorn suites by Wyndham Charleston
This hotel could use some updating. It seemed very busy judging by the parking lot and there is a pool and free hot breakfast. We had booked a family room with a foldout couch in advance. We had to specify how many people were in our party (3) on the reservation and as there was only one bed and then the couch you would think that they would have bedding for the couch in the room waiting for us but they did not. I had to call and then she said Oh I have it down here, you have to come and get it. So I did and she had sheets and a blanket ready for me. I asked if we could have a pillow too and she said oh I don’t know if I have any, went in the back and came back with one pillow. A hotel that has a shortage of pillows, now that’s very different. Anyhow, the room was dated like the hotel. There was a dresser in the bedroom that looked like someone had cut the legs off it and just stood it on the floor (it was really low to the ground) but still functional I guess. Breakfast was good and as I said earlier included in the price

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2018

The management of this hotel is totally inadequate providing many problems. The bath and bed did not seem fresh but the real problem was after retiring. The fire alarm went off and I had to don my robe and descend from the third floor by stairs to be told that no one knew what caused the alarm. I went back to bed to be awakened again by a fire alarm and descend the stairs to find the fire department was there and they could not find anything. I checked out and went elsewhere at 1 AM They did not charge me for the approximate 4 hours I was there but they were not helpful in finding a place for me to go.

Room Tip: better stay on the ground floor in case of fire
1  Thank 931deanna
Reviewed 26 April 2018

The bathroom floor was disgusting and when I mentioned it to the manager, he basically accused me of not telling them soon enough. I was also charged and required to pay a $250 smoking fee though no one smoked in the room. The whole experience was an absolute nightmare. Wish I had paid attention to the other bad reviews.

1  Thank edieriley514
GM30593, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Ms. Riley-

Thank you for leaving some feedback on your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites in Charleston. During your 4 day stay here, nothing was brought to our attention about the housekeeping issues you had until the day you checked out. We want to make things right when you first check in the hotel. As for the smoking fee, my front desk staff and housekeeping staff noticed ashes and smoke smell in the room so you were assessed the cleaning fee. I wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Desk staff was nice. Shante was great, but housekeeping is poor in this hotel and we had to switch rooms several times and I still felt the need to spray it down with lysol and wipe all surfaces with cleaning wipes which I should not have had to do. We were in town to see a family member who was critically ill in the hospital. No matter what your reason for travel you should be able to check in and not worry that you are going to catch something from your room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Kind of creepy place. Carpet looks a bit dingy, makes you feel like cleanliness is questionable. I as desperate - facing 2 hour drive at midnight, all else sold out, $129 for $60 value room. Grumpy uninterested breakfast staffer.