Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charleston
US$319
  • Pool
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$443/night.

US$249
  • Restaurant
US$126
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$178
  • Restaurant
Harbourview Inn(Charleston)
US$319
US$309
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Church Street Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$239
US$199
Official Website
US$99
SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$127
All reviewsfull size fridgeindoor poolliving areasofa bedstay there againking suiteyogurtcontinental breakfastlucillekitchenettedowntown
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I have many good things to say about my one night stay. Fast check in. We needed the van handicapped spot for my wheelchair ramp and they made the person parked there move. Yes they had no handicapped tag on there vehicle. There was a full size fridge, small stove top, microwave, coffee pot, and a kitchen sink with soap. Nice tv too. The room was clean and looked updated recently. The breakfast was nice also frozen breakfast sandwiches, home made waffles, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice, and more...again for the price I thought it was a great deal for our family.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2018

We were very pleased with the size of the room, the beds were very comfortable,and we got a good nights sleep. Probably the quietest hotel we’ve ever been to. Those were all a big plus. The staff was courteous and friendly.
The breakfast too was a plus, but some days they were out of items. Could have been warmer too. They really need to check on the food more often and stay on top of things. You don’t expect to find empty containers when arriving for breakfast. A couple of days they were even out of coffee. They did make some right away when I asked, but they shouldnt be running out. Like I said, just come and check things more often.
An added bonus was the evening reception held Monday-Thursday. Complimentary beer and snacks. Possibly more drinks, but beer is what we had.
The hotel has a great location, close to many restaurants and shopping. Easy access to Plantations, downtown Charleston, etc.
The housekeeping does need improvement. A lot of dust around. One day, we came back to our room and found that they took the towels but didn’t replace them with clean ones. Nor did she touch the bed at all. We had to go down to the front desk to get more towels and a bath mat. She did manage to take the tip that we left though. Also, They are currently replacing the sofas in the rooms.
So, basically if there was better management, or help, it could be a fantastic place to stay. Needs more attention to detail.

Room Tip: Away from the road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mysunnyvacation
Reviewed 4 May 2018

3. Hawthorn suites by Wyndham Charleston
This hotel could use some updating. It seemed very busy judging by the parking lot and there is a pool and free hot breakfast. We had booked a family room with a foldout couch in advance. We had to specify how many people were in our party (3) on the reservation and as there was only one bed and then the couch you would think that they would have bedding for the couch in the room waiting for us but they did not. I had to call and then she said Oh I have it down here, you have to come and get it. So I did and she had sheets and a blanket ready for me. I asked if we could have a pillow too and she said oh I don’t know if I have any, went in the back and came back with one pillow. A hotel that has a shortage of pillows, now that’s very different. Anyhow, the room was dated like the hotel. There was a dresser in the bedroom that looked like someone had cut the legs off it and just stood it on the floor (it was really low to the ground) but still functional I guess. Breakfast was good and as I said earlier included in the price

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2018

The management of this hotel is totally inadequate providing many problems. The bath and bed did not seem fresh but the real problem was after retiring. The fire alarm went off and I had to don my robe and descend from the third floor by stairs to be told that no one knew what caused the alarm. I went back to bed to be awakened again by a fire alarm and descend the stairs to find the fire department was there and they could not find anything. I checked out and went elsewhere at 1 AM They did not charge me for the approximate 4 hours I was there but they were not helpful in finding a place for me to go.

Room Tip: better stay on the ground floor in case of fire
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank 931deanna
Reviewed 26 April 2018

The bathroom floor was disgusting and when I mentioned it to the manager, he basically accused me of not telling them soon enough. I was also charged and required to pay a $250 smoking fee though no one smoked in the room. The whole experience was an absolute nightmare. Wish I had paid attention to the other bad reviews.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank edieriley514
GM30593, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Ms. Riley-

Thank you for leaving some feedback on your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites in Charleston. During your 4 day stay here, nothing was brought to our attention about the housekeeping issues you had until the day you checked out. We want to make things right when you first check in the hotel. As for the smoking fee, my front desk staff and housekeeping staff noticed ashes and smoke smell in the room so you were assessed the cleaning fee. I wish you safe travels.