“Neat little restaurant”

Ranked #110 of 1,017 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Closed for Business is Charleston’s first dedicated tap room, with 42 taps, featuring many of Charleston’s best home-grown brews. The menu is Bavarian-inspired, highlighting our spin on traditional dishes served in bars & pubs in southern Germany, along with some American classics. We aren’t your standard bar; within our carefully curated walls our knowledgeable staff is dedicated to providing our guests with a casual, yet polished experience that hopefully introduces them to a world of beer they didn’t know existed. We do not take reservations of any kind and operate on a first come-first serve basis.
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Good food and good atmosphere. For family or adults. Enjoyed my craft beer choice along with my sandwich.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

After doing a little research on my laptop, I decided that this place met my requirements for a quick, inexpensive bite, where I could go casual. On top of that, I was thinking beer and the list here is quite extensive. My server, Amy, helped me settle on a local light ale (Cooper River) which went remarkably well with a delicious Chicken BLT. I cannot describe the decor because words fail me---just be prepared to be delighted. The old beer ads are a hoot.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Loved this place! I would highly recommend the pork slab sandwich and beer flight!! They will not disappoint!! Waitress was friendly and helpful

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

This place threw us for a loop at first. It's dimly lit and it's name is CLOSED FOR BUSINESS! I thought that they were closed. After reading the reviews here, I realized that they are OPEN! We were greeted and seated quickly. The menu is not big but EVERY SINGLE THING ON THE MENU IS EXCELLENT! My boyfriend got the chicken sandwich with gteen beans. They were both amazing! Best green beans we have ever had. The chicken was so tender. I ordered the Cobb salad. The portion was huge and it was very fresh and delicious. They have a huge selection of craft beers. If you are into that, try this place. If you want an excellent dinner, try this!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Greeted by a pleasant Doorman and seated immediately. Server was great and the food and beverage selection was wonderful.

Date of visit: August 2018