Lowest prices for your stay
US$129
US$116
Expedia.comUS$129
PricelineUS$129
TravelocityUS$129
All reviews sitting area free breakfast downtown area colonial life arena bagels business trip parking lot publix usc sinks microwave hallway
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2022

We recently stayed in room 402. Room was clean with plenty of towels, microwave, small fridge and smaller coffee pot. We were visiting our son so didn't spend much time there.
Good: location can't be beat. Easy drive to West Columbia, lots of restaurants within walking distance, Publix across the street.
Great: Staff was all very friendly and helpful. Everyone greeted you and were quite polite. Breakfast each morning was wonderful. Great time and money saver.
Meh: No maid service the entire time. No one emptied our garbage cans or refreshed out coffee maker or made our bed or gave us fresh towels. I thought that was very strange but I understand that most places are shorthanded on staff so I chalked it up to that
I would/ will stay there again.

1  Thank simplymomma
Reviewed 22 February 2022 via mobile

I’ll start off saying I avoid writing negative reviews. Being apart of the service industry, understanding the staffing shortage and wage increase it’s challenging to keep up in this environment. So I am a hyatt globalist, Hilton Diamond, and Spire Elite (travel quite a bit), and something that has never happened in all my nights occurred. First, hotel is extremely basic. Nothing bad/nothing amazing. Just clean. It’s right on the side of a very busy road, so request a room on the parking lot side to get some sleep (or earplugs). There is a parking lot with free parking. When you park, there is no sign anywhere regarding having a parking pass. When we checked in, a lady talking on her AirPods checked us in, gave us a key and there we go. So imagine my surprise in the morning when we had 15 minutes to make a wedding brunch that our car was missing. Better yet, while standing there two other guests also came down to their car missing. Overall, 13 vehicles were towed from the lot. Now they did give complementary rides over to the tow lot (35 minutes away) but seriously? Plus they did not have record of our car leaving their lot, we had to head there and look around to find our car. No apology, no free water, nothing on their website. Just horrible communication and worse customer service. There are plenty of hotels in Columbia. Choose any of them but here.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cockman314
Reviewed 14 February 2022

There is nothing fancy about this hotel, but it's not trying to be fancy. It's offering very nice rooms, good service and value. Which is what you get here. So, we were pleased overall and had a very nice stay.

Reviewed 14 February 2022

This hotel was average at best. I stayed here with my family of five for a concert at the Colonial Life Arena.

The pros: The ladies at the front during check in were very nice. Also, the rooms seemed really clean and there were plenty of towels, blankets, etc. There was also a shuttle that drove us to the concert. We found though that we could actually walk back from the concert more quickly than waiting on the shuttle. The distance to the concert venue was a plus.

The cons: The biggest con is that the hotel is right beside a very busy road that is noisy all night. It's loud with traffic, but also seems to be the route that emergency vehicles take. Lots of sirens and loud engines. There are also so many street lights right outside the window that the room doesn't actually get dark even with the blackout curtains. Also, the parking is extremely tight and some of the vehicles in the parking lot just made their own spots and parked wherever they could find.

So, this hotel is just average for me, but I would not recommend due to the fact that it is VERY expensive for what you get. If you are going to pay such a high price, pick a hotel that you can actually get some sleep.

1  Thank robin818
Reviewed 20 January 2022

A comfortable room in a hotel that could use some updating. The room was clean and the staff seemed to be doing a conscientious job of cleaning. The hotel is well located near restaurants and the State museum. The desk staff was friendly. There is a free breakfast, and while not extensive, does provide eggs, sausage, bagels, coffee and juice.

Date of stay: January 2022