“Always worth a visit, always packed.”
Review of Za's

Za's
Ranked #148 of 998 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Za's Brick Oven Pizza - known to locals as Za's on Devine - is a full-service, locally owned neighborhood restaurant and bar in the Devine Street shopping and dining district in Columbia, S.C., specializing in wood-fired pizza, Italian-inspired classics and fresh, substantial salads featuring free-range organic chicken and house-made sausage, sauces, dressings and more. Guests enjoy an outdoor patio, distinctive full bar, craft beers and a hand-picked wine list. Loved by locals for its relaxed, comfortable atmosphere and consistently delicious menu, Za's has become known as one of the best spots on Devine to enjoy happy hour with friends, share a casual dinner with family, socialize in an upscale-casual bar scene, and drink great wine at a great value, seven days a week.
Reviewed 1 February 2017

We like to eat here for the atmosphere, service and food. Get here early as it fills up. Their pizza is really good. Their pasta is great, fresh! Service can be a tad slow, but they are busy and it's not your basic pizza joint.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

My daughter suggested this restaurant while my wife and I were visiting for dinner. It began poorly when three different employees passed by without acknowledging us. We were then seated and our drinks were brought quickly; however, that was the last thing that was served quickly. Our drink glasses remained empty, our appetizer came only minutes before our entrees and we were only checked on a couple of times. We asked for extra thin crust on our pizza and it was not even close to what other brick oven pizzerias are able to do. I ordered the zucchini pasta from the seasonal menu and it was maybe made with one zucchini. Unfortunately, this was not an enjoyable way to spend our hard earned money.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Used to meet here for lunch with friends, it was good for many years. It's the second time we have tried it lately. Server was non caring and improperly dressed. The food was warm not hot!

Reviewed 15 December 2016

We were in from out of town and had reservations. Were seated promtly and loved the atmosphere at the long table in the bar area. Food was really good but a couple of our orders were messed up and the service was slow to get food and no refills on beverages.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

I ate at Za's for the first time recently with my cousins. We each ordered an individual 8" pizza. I ordered the Napa which includes fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, prosciutto, fresh basil, and arugula tossed with lemon juice, and Crescent Olive extra-virgin olive oil. It was delicious.

The staff was friendly and we were seated quickly. The only issue I had was with my drink refills. The waitress never came to even ask us if we wanted one. I would eat here again.