“Build Your Own Pizza Heaven”
Review of Za's

Za's
Ranked #201 of 1,047 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Za's Brick Oven Pizza - known to locals as Za's on Devine - is a full-service, locally owned neighborhood restaurant and bar in the Devine Street shopping and dining district in Columbia, S.C., specializing in wood-fired pizza, Italian-inspired classics and fresh, substantial salads featuring free-range organic chicken and house-made sausage, sauces, dressings and more. Guests enjoy an outdoor patio, distinctive full bar, craft beers and a hand-picked wine list. Loved by locals for its relaxed, comfortable atmosphere and consistently delicious menu, Za's has become known as one of the best spots on Devine to enjoy happy hour with friends, share a casual dinner with family, socialize in an upscale-casual bar scene, and drink great wine at a great value, seven days a week.
Reviewed 19 October 2017

My favorite part about Za's is the build your own Pizza. My favorite build is: white sauce, feta, mozzarella, artichokes, and tomatoes. The Spinach Dip, Breadsticks, and Blackened Pasta are also some of my favorites. Many options for the Pescatarian or Vegetarian!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

The pizza is good. They use very good ingredients. Unlike most places, they cook it enough. We got a large, which is 14 inches. That is kind of small for a large. I'm used to New York pizza places where a medium is 16 inches and a large is 18 inches. $12.99 for the large pizza with an additional $2.00 for each additional topping was a large Price tag. I ordered the pizza with extra sauce and with Italian sausage. I thought both were skimpy. Not only was it not extra sauce, it didn't seem like even a normal amount of sauce. They do put a reasonable amount of cheese without ordering extra. Overall, I give an A on quality and a C on value for a B average.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The food is always great here and the parking lot is usually packed because of it. The only thing I experience often here is slow service. It's hard to go to with a group from work and expect to be back within an hour. The greek salad with grilled chicken is AMAZING and the pizza is great too! The guys I work with complain that the price is too much for a salad (and for lunch it probably is.) In the end though the food is great!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I love thin crust pizza and when friends wanted to know where I wanted to go for a special birthday dinner, I insisted on Za's. I love the crust, the ingredients, and the final product.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

'went for the food, which was recommended by Columbia friends, and - wow! we happened to be there on a Friday night with a superb musician/performer. Her music (and volume) were ideal for the space. By choice, we listened more than we talked! We would have paid a cover w/o hesitation (so she got a big tip). Her music made the evening really special and we'll come back to hear more. THANK YOU!

Been to Za's? Share your experiences!