“Service & Perfectly Prepared Mediterranean Lunch”

Mediterranean Tea Room
Ranked #99 of 1,081 Restaurants in Columbia
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Everything on menu was appealing. Appetizers, salads, sandwiches, entree w/ side. Great way to choose portion. Vegetarian & meat choices were plentiful.
Started w/ fresh warm pita @ real hummus which was heavy on the tahini. My small Greek salad was covered w/ gorgeous chunks of fresh red tomatoes. The dressing was on lemony side which I prefer. The size of salad was plenty. Really wanted a falafel but knew it would be too much. Waitress happily said she could bring me just one! Excellent friendly service...My daughter had chicken on pita w/ perfect rendering of just right seasoned touboulleh w/ plenty to take home. My husband had chicken w/ a very moist yellow rice. I make all of these dishes at home & can still recommend this restaurant as best Mediterranean ever!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank healthyeater7

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Salmon and kabob specials are wonderful. Service is very prompt. Take out meals are good too. The greek salad with chicken is very good too

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Had lunch there with my work crew. If there is a Greek Salad on the menu at a restaurant, it is what I always order. This is the best one I have found in Columbia so far. I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich with the greek salad as my side. Everyone enjoyed their food. I was with 6 other people. I only give this a four star rating for two reasons. The chicken was incredibly tender and the meal was good overall. However, the pita was soggy. It needed to be heated a little longer before adding all the stuff. Also when we went to check out, they were able to break out checks. BUT they don't have an individual ticketing system. He brought out a hand written thing that said 4 vegetables plates * XX (a total that included the item, tax and a tip based on our larger group(?)) and at the bottom said 3 sandwich plates * XX. We also sat in the addon part of the restaurant and the acoustics in there were terrible. It was loud and very hard to hear. Overall great meal, great service and good price.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 16 March 2018

My friend and I shared the shepherd's meze, with feta, tomatoes, cukes, olives, etc. It was all fresh and good. I had the kofta kebob, which came with 3 generous kofta patties, hummus, tabouleh, rice, olives and more. It was a huge meal, and my bill was less than $20! Really some of the best Mediterranean food I have had outside that region.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first time visiting and I did not know what to expect. I was thrilled with my meal which was there special salmon with yellow rice. I highly recommend this dish if the are serving it the night you go. The service was friendly and efficient. Great place.

Date of visit: February 2018