“Very good fried fish”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Had the Calabash Fish Platter, and it was really good! I'm not a big fried fish guy, but the server highly recommended it and I'm glad he did. Check it out!

Service was good, very quick fora late lunch.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Went with the work crew for lunch. Had the calabash chicken and a salad. It was good and the poppy seed bread with the butter is heavenly. Good spot for lunch.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Have eaten here several times in the past, but our visit yesterday was not the same. The place is just plain dirty! Smell hit you as you came in, I thought just need to get in to the air conditioning, and it was better. Our menus were so dirty your hands stuck when you tried to turn the pages. As soon as waitress picked them up we sanitized our hands. Then bread came and my husbands plate had a hair on it, a big one. I actually did not eat my chicken, just did not taste good. My husband ate his pasta, said it was good, but ended up sick all today. I don't know what has happened but we will never go back. Used to like it too.

1  Thank conair01
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I got the 6 oz with a salad and sweet potato the price was like 14.00 it was a Ton of food and all of it was mouth watering delicious!!! Our server was so sweet too and was most helpful everyone was really nice and pleasant. It was an excellent experience.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Our native SC family said we must go to Fatz since we don't have authentic southern food up north in PA. Every time I'm down south I order my favorite dish, shrimp and grits, so I was excited to try the Fatz Edisto version. It did not disappoint! Lightly seasoned shrimp (a dozen!)sat atop cheese grits around a lovely puddle of andouille sausage gravy. A sprinkle of fresh parmesan and scallions top it off. All of the meals were great (love those fried green tomatoes) and the MTO peach cobbler was a perfect ending. Everything was so good, I didn't realize it a chain until I went to use the restroom. Too bad it was a little like a crime scene. It didn't ruin my experience, but it cost Fatz a star.☹️