Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 27/06/21
CandlewoodSuites
Free cancellation until 27/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$93
PricelineUS$103
Hotels.comUS$103
Expedia.comUS$103
All reviews lending locker ice maker our home away from home queen bed check in process staff was friendly room was spotless
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2020 via mobile

The first room that I checked into did not have air conditioning that worked. When I told the front desk they told me to trip the breaker in the panel (which I did not feel comfortable messing with), but it didn’t fix the issue. The second room (which was supposed to be non-smoking) smelled like an ashtray and was dirty. The floor had what looked like barbecue sauce drips. The bathroom definitely was used for a smoking room. This was my first time at Candlewood suites and my last. The rating on AAA said it was very good but I’m not sure who is giving this hotel good ratings. The front desk receptionist was very nice.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Luke Yarborough, Owner at Candlewood Suites Columbia-Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I am terribly sorry and empathetic about your experience at our hotel. I am working diligently with the team to ensure cleanliness issues are addressed and that this will not happen again. I apologize for did not meet your expectations and we failed you at a great guest experience. We hope that you continue to stay with Candlewood Suites and IHG hotels. The good news is we will be going through a complete renovation in September, so this will definitely bring a new look and new hotel with new guest rooms and newer amenities. We hope you return after our renovation to give us another try and check out the new look and new hotel.

Reviewed 2 October 2020 via mobile

ROACHES!¡ Huge nasty disgusting roaches. When I saw one in my room i changed rooms. Now there was one in my new room. I’m totally disgusted. I don’t recommend this property at all. NASTY! Ewwwwweeweww!¡

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SJoyAdams

Reviewed 8 September 2020

I paid for a one night stay during military orders in the area but left the hotel at 11.30pm due to it being dirty and having a cockroach fall from the ceiling and landing next to the bed. The room was 78 degrees when I got in and had a funky smell. I declined moving to a different room and chose to move hotels instead. The hotel were aware of the issue in the evening and had a phone conversation with a representative from hotels.com, and advised that a refund would be authorised the next day. After paying for a different CLEAN hotel, candlewood suites refused to honor the refund and instead implied that I lied about a cockroach. The hotel staff were barely present during my time in the hotel, and were incredibly rude on the phone. The manager has yet to even bother returning my call.

Don't stay at this hotel. I should have read other peoples reviews before I booked it.

Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank KatieW621

Reviewed 28 August 2020

Thought we were renting at Holiday Inn and even went to the Holiday Inn to check in only to find that we had booked at Candlewood Suites on the app. The room was ok dated and worn around the edges, but for one night it was ok. Until we went to sleep and found that the room was either HOT or COLD, it seems that the bedroom portion of the suite had no AC so they mounted a NOISY fan from the LR to the BR that blew in cold air when the AC was on and you froze or had none and roasted. There was no one at the desk anytime after check in to provide milk, juice or snacks for the child we were traveling with, never saw another hotel employee until check out. Over all a bad experience and we will not stay here again, and we would not recommend.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Nancy S

Reviewed 9 May 2020 via mobile

Can't get refund after 60 days for cancelled reservation. Past being angry. Tired of calling and getting no resolution. The whole state was closed. I know someone can resolve this with a few clicks on a computer. Call me! 864-230-1153. Getting ready to go to the media. Have relatives in the industry. Also angry you refused to post my review on your website.

Date of stay: March 2020