Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Sheraton.com
Expedia.comUS$152
Hotels.comUS$152
TravelocityUS$152
Agoda.comUS$152
All reviews rooftop bar bank vault valet lobby sc
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2022

Would not do over the phone reservations, said to go online. Website doesn't change the date you intend it , so charged that day,,, and when we arrived the next day, they would not refund our money for dates we weren't there. Mgmt, wouldn't budge for a refund of our money for "so called" reservations I had , when I wasn't there. We come up with 2 rooms a few times a year, here, and we have 1 kid with 2 years left and another child coming up,, we won't stay here again, AS NO , NO customer service for a clerical error on their part. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Date of stay: April 2022
Stephen Ussery, Other at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2022

Ms Jones,

As I said in person while you were with us, we do apologize for your oversight on the dates you booked. That is why the online site sends out reminder emails of your upcoming stay for you to review prior to arrival. Again, we are sorry you selected the wrong dates for your stay, and we did provide a discounted rate for your stay with us that was more than generous from our end. The hotel had no way of deciding the dates you selected in order to scam you as you indicate. I am sorry you feel this way, and could only offer my apologies and wish you well on your future stays in Columbia, SC.

And I also explained the user error when selecting the view rates. When you hit the "view rates" button, you are viewing the rates selected out to the left. In order to change the dates, you select the date range and then you have to select done, or else it doesn't know to look at the rates you want to see. Once you select "done", it changes the rates you wish to view. I understood this was an honest mistake, and that is why I offered the discounted rate on the stay. I'm sorry this happened, but we will adhere to the policy you agreed upon at the time of booking, which did not include a discount.

Reviewed 26 April 2022

Very horrible experience here at the Sheraton. The customer service was extremely bad. I was yelled at across the hotel by a lady named Julia who is guest services simply because i asked for the Marriott Corporate number to file a complaint. After being yelled at across the hotel my anxiety and ptsd (i am a disabled veteran) began to go through the roof and i began shaking. I asked Julia not to speak to me being that my disability symptoms were flaring and she continued to speak after being asked to leave me alone numerous times. If your a disabled vet or someone who enjoys good customer service and promptness i would not stay here. They wouldn’t even let my 15 year old niece up to the room. They could have called the room or my person number to let her up but instead made me come 11 flights down just to use my key at the elevator to let my niece up who only went down to give valet a key. I have videos of the incidents in which will be posted. I left a voicemail with the general manager Stephen. Although i left the voicemail i seen him in the lobby with Julia for quite sometime as i sat in the lobby and not once was i addressed about the situation. I didn’t approach him because i was on the phone with the Marriott customer service line. Julia began snickering while staring at me complain to the customer service line. When i asked the night before for management information Tosha stated it was “her first night back to work so she wouldn’t know anything”. Although it was her first night back she could have simple redirected me to who she knew. Valet asked me to go get my own car from the parking garage. This was simply horrible. As a disabled vet and an ambassador elite they should be ashamed.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank arttiag
Stephen Ussery, Other at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2022

To follow up, after providing you a full refund, it should be mentioned that even though you stayed under an Ambassador members reservation, you are not the Ambassador. Also, no one would interrupt a phone call to speak with you. We would encourage anyone to patiently wait on you to finish your call before approaching or addressing you. The fact that we would not allow someone up to your room is for the security of our guests. We felt no matter what we attempted to do for you was not satisfactory, therefore we offered the refund for the stay. Again, we mentioned several times that we appreciated your service, and apologized for the handling of the stay. For future reference, please make sure that when the reservation is booked, that you are the one on the reservation and not someone else.

Reviewed 25 April 2022

I gave 1 star only b/c of the location. This hotel is so old you can barely make out the numbers on the buttons in the elevator. They haven't changed the carpet in 40 years. This hotel brags about a rooftop bar but it's nothing to brag about. Yeah, its on the roof but not nice at all. Thank heavens I was only there one night for a wedding b/c as soon as I saw my room I wanted to walk out. You couldnt sleep in because it doesnt have curtains and it was so hot and bright in the morning. Just horrible all around. The holiday inn or marriott HAS to be better than this hotel.

Room tip: Make sure you do not get a corner room
1  Thank stefaniejmartin2016
Stephen Ussery, Other at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2022

I recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have taken the time to provide.

Maintaining a clean atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is important and I apologize that we did not fulfill that expectation during your visit. Your feedback has been shared with our housekeeping leaders to ensure this issue is fixed. In addition, you would be happy to know that we are waiting on supplies (like most of America) for new elevator numbering, curtains, and other upgrades for our property.

My hope is the next time you are in the area, you will give us another chance to provide the guest experience we strive to deliver. Thank you for your kind words regarding our front desk staff, and I apologize you felt the parking information online was misleading. We will look into make that information more clear.

Stephen
guestservices@sheratoncolumbiahotel.com

Reviewed 5 April 2022

Have stayed at this hotel before - people are nice, but management is terrible. Had money stolen from me while I was there - management didn't care. Car was vandalized while at the hotel - management didn't care. Be careful if you stay here since they will not take responsibility for anything their people do to you or your property. Management doesn't even have the decency to return calls. And look at other reviews that say poor things about this hotel - management usually writes a follow-up note, but trust me it is a hollow response.

2  Thank TWCCharlotte_NC
Stephen Ussery, Other at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2022

TWCCharlotte_NC, as management has stated before, in order to pursue this claim of malicious damage and theft requires a police report that you have failed to provide. We do not police the outside world, and we have no authority to pursue this any further. Our employees are not vandalizing or stealing. Management has reached out to you numerous times, and this is no hollow response.

Reviewed 27 February 2022 via mobile

Location of this hotel was perfect for a short stay in Columbia.. Room was nice and well maintained. Lacking in amenities., however. Here’s a tip - the pandemic is 2 years in…stop using it as an excuse to deny cleaning service. We all know it is just an excuse to cut your costs. Anyway, not a bad place.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank KWLV
Guest Services, Other at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2022

Dear KWLV,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the management team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place and reviewed to prevent this experience from occurring in the future.

I hope you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Guest Services