All reviewscourtyard marriotttypical courtyardfront deskstarbucks coffeeroom was cleanhot tubgreat place to staysouthern hospitalitystaff was friendlycivic centeran overnight stayother hotelsroad tripvery nice hotellots of restaurantsindoor poolafter a long day
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Stopped here on way down to Jacksonville. It was a clean hotel, modern decor and we liked the closet. It had extra shelves/baskets to the side, not something I had seen before.

Staff was friendly and the stay was uneventful (was only here for about 7 hours total). Will stop by again in the future no doubt.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Sparkle C, Manager at Courtyard Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hi Rob_Gillis,
Thank you for your wonderful review about our Courtyard Marriott in Florence, SC. We feel that our location is very convenient for our valued guests and we are glad to know you enjoyed our property. Again, thank you for your valued feedback and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

...prevents me from giving it a five star. I'm a long-time Courtyard customer, and I've been to two of them recently that don't have a breakfast or even coffee included in room rate. That said, we had a nice, quick overnight stop here. It was accessible to I-95, clean, comfortable and quiet, as always with Courtyard. I won't go back here because of the lack of breakfast or coffee, especially when there is a HIX across the street with breakfast included. But it was a fine place otherwise. Good, professional staff.

Room Tip: Just be prepared with regard to breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hello Wendell T,
Thank you for your valued feedback on our Tripadvisor. We are so very sorry about the confusion about our Bistro. Courtyard is the only select service Marriott brand that does not provide a complementary breakfast however we are proud to offer a great selection of breakfast and dinner options. Another great quality about our Courtyard properties is that we proudly offer Starbucks coffee but understanding that not all of our guest prefer this brand, we also have complementary coffee in our rooms. We are very proud of our staff and we appreciate you recognizing their professionalism. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back and thank you for staying with us at Courtyard Marriott in Florence, SC.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

The hotel is outdated, smells bad, old furniture and bathrooms, poor service at the restaurant with very few choices, expensive and forgetful not caring waitresses.

I had a bad experience, it was hotel and could not breathe in the old smell...yuck!

Room Tip: please dont stay at this hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Sparkle C, Manager at Courtyard Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear L1458PVdianac

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Guest feedback is such an instrumental part of our success.

When you have the pleasure of accommodating so many loyal members and guest night after night, you will unfortunately acquire some wear and tear. We are however, pleased to announce that our tentative renovation dates will be the end of 2018. I would also like to apologize for not meeting your expectations with our Bistro Bar. We will be speaking to our department head regarding the issues you encountered.

Again, thank you for choosing our Courtyard by Marriott on Florence SC and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you again if your travels bring you back to Florence.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

OMG! This place was the worst place that we have ever stayed in and we travel often. We stayed in the Courtyard Marriott in Gulfport MS we had a great experience there, 5 stars all around! We arrived at this place thinking that it would be the same 5 star experience, we were sadly mistaken and highly disappointed.
Where do I start, for the same price this room had an odor, the air conditioning unit was full of dust. I also discovered bugs one under the sink an another by the balcony doors. We were exhausted we arrived late, my husband killed the bugs, we showered and went to bed. Its now 1am when we discovered an odor coming from the mattress the bedding and the pillows. It reeked of urine and body odor, the mattress was damp from urine! We had enough at this point and requested another room. We get to the new room which was not much better but it was late. There was an odor in this room as well, this place is old and needs to be updated. We were offered a room at 1:30 am with a jacuzzi and it was filthy! We managed to get a few hours of sleep and at first light we were up and out of there!! I always read reviews and I base my decision on them however when traveling through SC we didn't have time to read any reviews on this place. I did read a few when I got home and I am confused maybe some people have low standards, I don't know but we are still upset about our experience here. The location was good as far as shopping gas and food choices, its also close to the freeway and easy to find.

Room Tip: This place should not have the Courtyard Marriott as it name no way!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Dan P, General Manager at Courtyard Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Mslisa3341,

I’m sorry to learn how disappointing your stay was. Any one of these experiences are unacceptable and not typical of our property. To hear that you had so many compounding issues is extremely upsetting. I know the staff worked to compensate you for the poor stay and we have followed up with each incident to ensure any problems are corrected. I understand your frustration and if I was in your situation I too would be upset. Our team works hard for the positive reviews we receive and each one of us carries high standards of excellence. Unfortunately we failed to exceed your and our expectations and will continue to strive for perfection. I know you said you are still upset and encourage you to reach out to me directly if you have additional comments or concerns. We would love another opportunity to provide you with the outstanding service we show so many guests every day at the Courtyard in Florence, SC.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

A very nice hotel located not far from downtown or the interstate. Very good room and really good service. You could not ask for the staff to be more friendly and they had my room ready for us when we arrived.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Sparkle C, Manager at Courtyard Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hey Eddie M,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Courtyard Marriott in Florence, SC! We're so happy our staff and hotel met all of your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again soon.