“Lunch was a train wreck”
Review of Pizza Hut

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pizza Hut
Ranked #197 of 267 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 24 October 2015

They have signs advertising their "all you can eat pizza" lunch so I decided to give it a try. It's not a buffet, they bring the pizza's to your table, at least in theory that's what should happen but the kitchen was unable to keep up with demand. The place was not busy so it comes down to poor management; the person in charge was ill prepared to run the kitchen. I waited on average about 8 minutes per slice of pizza. I kept hearing the waitresses saying " we have more pizza in the oven" but it never made it to the lobby. Stick to delivery because this place is unprepared for adequate customer service.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

I selected this restaurant for the chain's reputation for quality, hours of operation, and because the restaurant offered Wi-Fi, which would allow me to work through my meal. I had more than my fair share of homework that evening...

Pizza Hut is located on US 52 (S. Irby Street) in front of a strip mall; the restaurant's parking lot is easily accessed from Irby Street and it is not difficult retuning to Irby Street from the parking lot. In the event traffic is especially heavy, the adjacent mall parking lot is serviced by a traffic light.

The restaurant prominently displays an "A" sanitation reading on its front door. Seating is by hostess, but a hostess seemed hard to come by. A hostess did finally approach but handed me a menu and told me to seat myself. Similarly, my waitress - who was super nice - pointed to where a drink machine was situated and advised me to serve myself. Other servers I observed were likewise polite and quite clean looking. Professional.

I found the dining room floor in need of a vacuum and my table with a "sticky" quality that I cannot exactly account for. It did not appear dirty, it was just... sorta sticky. The table did have a roll of paper towels, which was a good thing, and a shaker of Parmesan cheese - like it! Unfortunately, as I drew a paper towel across the table, it... well, it stuck.

Carry-out orders are tracked on a monitor by the cash register that faces the waiting area. The monitor displays customers' first and last names and when their order will be ready: Jose G _ _ _ _ _, Dominic B _ _ _ _ and others. Personally, I'm not crazy about everyone in the restaurant knowing my full name - too many schemers and stalkers floating around these days. I'm less crazy about exposure of the name of a vulnerable adult or gullible teen.

The telephone ringer was on a speaker that rocked the dining room. Not what I want to hear while dining. Although the restaurant had a juke box, there was no music. These things were ambiance-killers - one just doesn't want to stick around.

("Lara M_ _ _ _ _ _ _," your carry-out is ready!)

The Wi-Fi had an excellent signal but unfortunately religious sites I needed to access for my homework (Biblegateway.com, for instance?) were blocked. I could access Amazon.com, Facebook.com and Pizzahut.com all I cared to, but religious sites were apparently off limits. Neither were wall outlets available to power laptops, tablets or smart phones that might use Wi-Fi. I tried to ascertain from the manager why websites I needed to access were blocked; I think she attempted to find out but was unable to. I left my name for a callback about that issue. Still waiting...

My pizza was served piping hot and was loaded with plenty of toppings. It was an excellent pizza. (Go, Supreme!) Butter on the crust seemed especially good that night. My waitress checked on me shortly after my pizza arrived, but not again until it was time to go; I even had to get my own check. I noted the cook and cashier were one in the same - and also swept up!

This restaurant's product is excellent but it seems indifferent to its customers. I will probably try somewhere else next time.

Reviewed 25 February 2015

All the while the food was still hot, it took forever to get there it seemed. Didn't seem like the amount of food you got matched the money you payed. Needs some work!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had ate here a year or so ago and it was not a good dining experience even though the pizza was still good. My kids finally talked me into taking them back. The place has definitely gone downhill. Since our last visit they have basically turned it into self-serve. You get a menu at the counter, seat yourself., and then go back to the counter to place your order. I also noticed they had moved their drink machine into the dining area, so you got your own drinks.

We picked up a menu and took it back to the table. The floor was being sweep but looking at the piles on the floor it may have been the first time that day. When we laid the menu down it literally stuck to the table. Since the AC did not seem to be working well we decide to order the pizza and take it home. When I went to the counter, the person was on a personal call and looked annoyed that I interrupted it. We asked for their box deal which had been advertised all over TV. First she said she would have to see if they had any bread sticks thawed out (it was 7:45 pm). She came back from the cooler and said we are out of boxes and just looked at me. I am not sure if that meant they did not have the items to put in the box or they were simply out of cardboard boxes. At that point we gave up and went to a different restaurant.

I really wonder how they are even open with this kind of serve.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had to wait 3 hours, for a large pepperoni thin crust pizza!!! I ordered it at 6:50. And got it at 10:00!!! We didn't have to pay, but man!!!

Been to Pizza Hut? Share your experiences!