“Takeout”

Pizza Hut
Ranked #197 of 267 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Staff is usually friendly. Food is usually good. We get takeout about 3 times a month and have had good success with them getting the order right except they have left out the bread that comes with pasta almost every time, so I just have to remind them in the store. Overall a decent place to get takeout pizza, breadsticks, pasta or wings.

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Food was normal fair for Pizza Hut! It's nice to not have any surprises. Delivery was fast, and friendly, order was perfectly cooked!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I looked back at most of the reviews on this site for this restaurant and they basically were the same. Good food--poor service--filthy!
But we went back after our 2012 visit and wham-mo it was real good visit (almost.)
The Garlic Knot Pizza was delicious and the service was very good. There were several employees that came by to see how we were doing. The place was clean!!
The only problem I had was the ethnicity of this restaurant. They had a lot of afro amer working and I believe they own it too. That's okay i guess, but they also had black guests who came in and stayed up front talking to the employees while their little toddlers ran rampant in the place, in and out of the restrooms, coming to our table and staring at the old white couple. The noise level in the restaurant was at least 150 Db due to the fact that the building was not constructed well and did not have any sound-absorbing material in walls or ceilings. Won't go back!

Reviewed 24 October 2015

They have signs advertising their "all you can eat pizza" lunch so I decided to give it a try. It's not a buffet, they bring the pizza's to your table, at least in theory that's what should happen but the kitchen was unable to keep up with demand. The place was not busy so it comes down to poor management; the person in charge was ill prepared to run the kitchen. I waited on average about 8 minutes per slice of pizza. I kept hearing the waitresses saying " we have more pizza in the oven" but it never made it to the lobby. Stick to delivery because this place is unprepared for adequate customer service.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

I selected this restaurant for the chain's reputation for quality, hours of operation, and because the restaurant offered Wi-Fi, which would allow me to work through my meal. I had more than my fair share of homework that evening...

Pizza Hut is located on US 52 (S. Irby Street) in front of a strip mall; the restaurant's parking lot is easily accessed from Irby Street and it is not difficult retuning to Irby Street from the parking lot. In the event traffic is especially heavy, the adjacent mall parking lot is serviced by a traffic light.

The restaurant prominently displays an "A" sanitation reading on its front door. Seating is by hostess, but a hostess seemed hard to come by. A hostess did finally approach but handed me a menu and told me to seat myself. Similarly, my waitress - who was super nice - pointed to where a drink machine was situated and advised me to serve myself. Other servers I observed were likewise polite and quite clean looking. Professional.

I found the dining room floor in need of a vacuum and my table with a "sticky" quality that I cannot exactly account for. It did not appear dirty, it was just... sorta sticky. The table did have a roll of paper towels, which was a good thing, and a shaker of Parmesan cheese - like it! Unfortunately, as I drew a paper towel across the table, it... well, it stuck.

Carry-out orders are tracked on a monitor by the cash register that faces the waiting area. The monitor displays customers' first and last names and when their order will be ready: Jose G _ _ _ _ _, Dominic B _ _ _ _ and others. Personally, I'm not crazy about everyone in the restaurant knowing my full name - too many schemers and stalkers floating around these days. I'm less crazy about exposure of the name of a vulnerable adult or gullible teen.

The telephone ringer was on a speaker that rocked the dining room. Not what I want to hear while dining. Although the restaurant had a juke box, there was no music. These things were ambiance-killers - one just doesn't want to stick around.

("Lara M_ _ _ _ _ _ _," your carry-out is ready!)

The Wi-Fi had an excellent signal but unfortunately religious sites I needed to access for my homework (Biblegateway.com, for instance?) were blocked. I could access Amazon.com, Facebook.com and Pizzahut.com all I cared to, but religious sites were apparently off limits. Neither were wall outlets available to power laptops, tablets or smart phones that might use Wi-Fi. I tried to ascertain from the manager why websites I needed to access were blocked; I think she attempted to find out but was unable to. I left my name for a callback about that issue. Still waiting...

My pizza was served piping hot and was loaded with plenty of toppings. It was an excellent pizza. (Go, Supreme!) Butter on the crust seemed especially good that night. My waitress checked on me shortly after my pizza arrived, but not again until it was time to go; I even had to get my own check. I noted the cook and cashier were one in the same - and also swept up!

This restaurant's product is excellent but it seems indifferent to its customers. I will probably try somewhere else next time.

Been to Pizza Hut? Share your experiences!