“First time Thai lunch”

Thai House 2 & Sushi Bar
Ranked #91 of 254 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My first time going to a Thai restaurant. Walked in and the restaurant's decor needs help and a good cleaning. Menu was extensive and waiter showed me the lunch specials. Around $12.99 each. I chose the chicken rama with cabbage and broccoli in a peanut sauce. Sauce was thin with a little peanut flavor. Comes with a cup of rice. Small portions for the price. It was just average. Might have ordered the wrong dish. The waiter kept turning up the TV, so it was hard to have a conversation and after we finished eating, we wanted to sit and catch up. He, then, cut off the lights in the restaurant. Guess that was a cue that we needed to leave. I thought it was very rude. After paying bill, we walked out and the sign on the door states they close from 3:00-5:00. Well, it was only 2:00pm.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (39)

Reviewed 28 March 2021

While in town visiting our daughter, I was in the mood for Thai food, and we ate at the Thai House downtown. Great location being downtown and service was pretty quick for our takeout order.

The food was flavorful and spicy which is one of my measures of how good and authentic the Thai food is. A lot of places tone down the spiciness for their local markets. My daughter had the Gaeng daeng curry, I had the Spicy Thai pasta and my wife did not recall her dish but remembers that it was very good. That's what happens when you do the review a few months after your visit. Will definitely make a return visit.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

Service awful, food full of onions, grouchy mean service, get cashew stir fry lunch time 10.99 not impressive.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Was with a group of eight people. We were greeted by the owner who personally made recommendations. I loved the fried tofu (like a lil desert) and the spring rolls.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I asked my phone for the closest Thai Restaurant while traveling through Florence, SC. I am a vegetarian and love good Thai food. The following are my categorical rating:
1, Basil Fried Rice w/ Tofu. Spice was nicely done and the ingredients was wonderfully portioned. Ordered fresh Spring Rolls with Tofu, but received the fried instead. Score 3
2. Take Out - Clerk was mouthy and very condescending I have eaten Thai a lot, but have never met no one that treated me like I didn't know what I wanted. Only Thai in town, therefore I stayed and took the insults. Score 0
3. Cleanliness - Not the best but acceptable.
Final Score: 3 (very liberal score because of the Basil Fried Rice)

Would not go back or recommend this place to anyone because of the clerk (customer service). Glad didn't eat in and had to experience that person as my waiter.

Date of visit: May 2018