“Traveling through...”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

Recommended by motel as a good place to eat, not disappointed! Great service! We started with the fried green tomato appetizer that is served over cheesy grits., with a Tangy dipping sauce- very tasty! We both had the love me burger which is a sirloin burger with 3 fried chicken tender on top served on a brioche roll with lettuce, tomato, onion and special tangy sauce, steak fries on the side. Hardy meal, great tasting and fair priced. Will probably stop here again when traveling through!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 November 2018

We chose this restaurant as it was within walking distance of our motel. We had a pretty good dinner. We ordered the Original Calabash Chicken and the Calabash Fish Platter. The chicken (which was very tender) was the better of the two but both were good. Salads came with the meals - we liked the sweet onion vinaigrette dressing suggested by the server. Portion sizes were generous. Prices were reasonable. Service provided by Skip was very good.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

While our server was very nice, they’re understaffed. The food was just average and they were out of two items, I ordered. Maybe it was just a bad night.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

We sat at the bar for dinner. We started with a glass of wine and a bottled beer (since their draft beer selection was pretty weak). We were a little disappointed with the wine pour but the bartender did better on the second glass. The beer was nice and cold. It appeared to us that the one bartender had to make drinks for everyone in the entire restaurant & bar. That led to slower service than one would expect. The food was good and a little fresher than your typical pub fare. Once again, I only was given a choice by TripAdvisor of "average" or "very good". I wouldn't rate Fatz either of these but I try to lean positive so I picked "very good". If I had a choice to rate "good" I would have picked that.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

We ate here last weekend with another couple. They had been here before we had not. Server took our drink order and handed wrong drinks to each person plus forgot the lemons for the water. I had chicken strips which were pretty good, however, expensive for what few you get with fries. Bojangles are just as good for half the price. Server brought wrong dressings for salads and dipping sauces. Place got busy just after noon but plenty of places to park and seating was fine. We probably would not eat here again. There are so many restaurants in the Florence area that have much better food for better price and service.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Fatz Cafe? Share your experiences!